South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Silver Member

Default haters!!!!

I love all kinds of tuned cars its a mans hobbie! so why so many haters? i love old skool fords ect evos bmw but not so much the french lol had my classic dynoed on An open day and it turned out is was a cossie day! a good 15 20 motors!! and the looks i got! my car got taken the piss out of sumin rotten i felt like a pork sausage at a jewish wedding! cant be jelousy as cossies aint cheap dont get it do you?? some prat today come parked next to me in a civic givin it all the biggens as i was checkin out his motor and then said scoobs are sh*t mAte 2k super cars! wtf??????
Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Silver Member

Santapod
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

erm.... what?

Guess the clue was in the fact that he drove a Civic
Old 08-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Silver Member

Lol! fella in the civic propa random just havin a nose as u do! i mentioned my plan And come out wiv crap like that the nutta!! what a div felt like givin the bloke a slap! obviously one of those built by mum n dad cars!! Was a nice civic had alot spent onit but looked like he should of been on a ped wiv L plates
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Gold Member

The answer is quite simple. The world is full of idiotic little men who are wannabe Alpha males. Only content by showing they're 'better' than you.

Cars are just part of it, same as incroaching your personal space, dominating conversation, piss taking, etc.

I get fed up with those a few evolutionary steps behind the rest of us, but also find it amusing how backward they are, yet how clever they think they are.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Gold Member

Think id have put the nut on him mate...if you dont like a car you could go about diffrently than that..
Takes all sorts after all.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
Think id have put the nut on him mate...if you dont like a car you could go about diffrently than that..
Takes all sorts after all.
Dont bring your chocolate engined bag of plops round my house again then sonny jim.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Gold Member

Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Silver Member

QUOTE=munk;102948].....[/QUOTE]

Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Nige

Scoobs have become very cheap now so people see them as rubbish. You can't convert the thick thank god, otherwise they would have Scoobs to!!!
Let the ricers keep there wheel spinning fwd. As for the Cossie guys I don't get it there normaly ok as there cars were once seen as rubbish to!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Silver Member

Saw a lovely original 1990 Sapphire Cossie yesterday on the dual carraigeway ,pootled up alongside him in the blob and gave him the thumbs up and an ok sign which he did back with a smile.
Thats how it should work.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

It is strange. I think we, as a club are always very welcoming if someone turns up in something different. As you said, cars are our hobby and it would be boring if we all had the same. One thing I would say is if some of them had owned and driven a scoobs, they would see how addictive they become. I have driven all sorts since selling mine and there has been nothing so far that I would want instead of a scoob.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Silver Member

Agreed!!!!....... chocolate plobs lol!!!!! was once part of the rs scene i had a fiesta rst, went to a few of the meets and they were all the same back then! ud here a scoob n some one would say jap ****e!! On the way home the fella would be sat at the side of the road in his purple saphie with his hazards on lol ring a bell?? funnily enuff ud see it on a daily basis!! i think the hate might have somthing to do with reliability??
Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Gold Member

I was in Halfords yesterday as I needed to top up my oil and didn't have any. Whilst in there shaking my head at the crap on offer there was another lad in there bewildered as to which oil he should choose. Got talking to him and he owns an Evo V. Ended up following him over to cliffords in Portslade to ensure we got the right oil, had a good chat about our cars and as like minded enthusiasts plan to meet up and go to a few jap meets in the future. That's how it should be imho. No dick waving, no piss taking, no mines better than yours or vice versa. I personally would be the same with any performance car enthusiast, regardless of what car they drove.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Thats how it should be bud!! halfords for oil? try asda its half the price!!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
try asda its half the price!!
Asda?

Don't tell me you've been putting this in the scoob

Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

Haha lol not got round to it yet she still needs a service but might consider it!! the omega3 may help!! honestly they sometimes have good offers on the castrol gtx 10 40=£10!! 4L magnatec and either asda or tesco edge =£28!! cant go wrong! unless this is the wrong grade of oil?? keep an eye out!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Authorised Trader

personally would't use Magntec in any car never mind a performance offering............

we use nothing but race spec full ester based synth oils in all of our servicing/builds

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Thats how it should be bud!! halfords for oil? try asda its half the price!!

Hahaha, it was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, my options were limited! Ended up at Cliffords and they gave me some stuff that they recomended. Would have prefered Millers or the like but it has to be better than being half/three quarters of a liter under full?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
personally would't use Magntec in any car never mind a performance offering............

we use nothing but race spec full ester based synth oils in all of our servicing/builds
As above mate, I wouldn't have done it unless I had too. Will be getting an oil change in the new year once i've been paid early January. Will be in touch regarding the oil, oil filter,brakes and a few other bits which also need doing
MOT time too....

*Edit.... Just thougght i'd check my MOT certificate as I wasn't sure when in January it was due as I only bought it in March this year. Expired Yesterday! FUMING!

Last edited by ScoobyStu; 09-12-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

I found the rs scene to be stuck up!the old saphs feel like boats and corrode so easily its still jealousy just on different levels!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

Madness! bit like football in a way!! Millwal vs chelsea its gana kick off! supose thats why they invented drag strips!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Gold Member

I've noticed too a lot of the 'hate' comes from Ford owners, although maybe less so with performance fords. Fixed Or Repaired Daily, Dagenham Dustbins etc, not like they've not had their fair share of haters. Personally, my Focus was comfortably the worst car I've owned although I've not owned many admittedly. Love all variants of the RS and of course the Cosworths, GT40, Mustangs etc but the majority are plastic and poorly built, something they like to claim 'Japcrap' to be! Laughable also that a lot of them own Japanese super bikes but they are OK?! Tribalism at its finest. As I've said the way I see it, no matter what you own, if you're in to performance cars, we've got common ground no matter what your weapon of choice is. That makes me automatically interested in it.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Regular User

I get a lot of hate for driving a scoob!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

When ive done mine haters gana hate!! A bloke who does some work for us is a ford fan n does alot of track days says to me when are ya gana get a propa motor! makes me laugh ive offered to let him take it out for a drive n all i get back is NAH NAH NAH NAH YOUR ALRIGHT MATE I NEED TO GET ON! if i was a mk2 fiesta driver n some one said that to me id be gone and long gone lol enuff said i think! i might take the scoob to the next rs meet lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
I get a lot of hate for driving a scoob!
Jealousy is a very powerful ugly emotion mate. F@@k 'em and enjoy it

Quote:
When ive done mine haters gana hate!! A bloke who does some work for us is a ford fan n does alot of track days says to me when are ya gana get a propa motor! makes me laugh ive offered to let him take it out for a drive n all i get back is NAH NAH NAH NAH YOUR ALRIGHT MATE I NEED TO GET ON! if i was a mk2 fiesta driver n some one said that to me id be gone and long gone lol enuff said i think! i might take the scoob to the next rs meet lol
Probably scared he will love it, heaven forbid
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
I love all kinds of tuned cars its a mans hobbie! so why so many haters? i love old skool fords ect
Good man