South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 13-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Bronze Member

Default good ending

Old 13-06-2011, 08:57 AM
worzel

Happy days
Old 13-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

good news

tbh, i'm surprised they found it. I expect it to be hidden away in some barn somewhere until someone broke it for parts!
Old 13-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Gold Member

I hope theres enough DNA evidense to string the scum up by the testicles, in public.
Old 13-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

Result buddy, nice one.
Old 13-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Crowman

Huge publicity scam
Old 13-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
good news

tbh, i'm surprised they found it. I expect it to be hidden away in some barn somewhere until someone broke it for parts!
couple of bits were missing. including the boot spoiler
Old 13-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Bronze Member

that whole story is a load of rubbish!!
Old 13-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member

Since when have police let a vehicle leave so soon after finding it.... couldnt get near my cossie for over a week to get some bits from it
Old 13-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

Gotta say I find it hard to believe within minutes of it being recovered it's back in the hands of the owners after such a high profile (god knows why it's only a car) tv covering???????????the old bill would have held onto it longer for sure?very odd!
Old 13-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Bet a few more people have been on there website
Old 13-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonairheadz View Post
Gotta say I find it hard to believe within minutes of it being recovered it's back in the hands of the owners after such a high profile (god knows why it's only a car) tv covering???????????the old bill would have held onto it longer for sure?very odd!

the car would of been with SOCO for at least a week very minimum.... the facts do not add up how can you drive from northampton to reading no plates through ANPR!! if you look at the pics of it being recovered whats the first thing you would of done? personally burt the thing out so my DNA werent found lol
Old 13-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member

Glad they got it back but a few things still dont sit quite right lol
Old 13-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
Glad they got it back but a few things still dont sit quite right lol

like the fact they got the car back the same night its a load of rubbish a silly publicity stunt its people like that thats making everyone think that no one can be trusted around cars
Old 13-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilscooby View Post
like the fact they got the car back the same night its a load of rubbish a silly publicity stunt its people like that thats making everyone think that no one can be trusted around cars
Didnt think they got it back till the next night? anyways how did they get the car back so quick from the police etc etc things like that dont really add up but if it was a publicity stunt it certinally worked but thats gotta be pretty low because no one would want their pride and joy stolen espically in the car scene
Old 13-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Didnt think they got it back till the next night? anyways how did they get the car back so quick from the police etc etc things like that dont really add up but if it was a publicity stunt it certinally worked but thats gotta be pretty low because no one would want their pride and joy stolen espically in the car scene

sorry i ment last night no they WOULDNT of had the car back from more then a week SOCO are 9-5 mon to fri unless its a murder... i think they thought everyone is stupid or something.....

they are the people that give the car scene a bad name and make people over protective on whats ment to be a come look at my car day now its a GET AWAY NO MORE THEN 500YDS NEAR IT
Old 13-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilscooby View Post
sorry i ment last night no they WOULDNT of had the car back from more then a week SOCO are 9-5 mon to fri unless its a murder... i think they thought everyone is stupid or something.....

they are the people that give the car scene a bad name and make people over protective on whats ment to be a come look at my car day now its a GET AWAY NO MORE THEN 500YDS NEAR IT
Thats probably how it will go, but theres still some decent people in the car scene only time will tell i guess.
Old 13-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Thats probably how it will go, but theres still some decent people in the car scene only time will tell i guess.

the thing is with my car its what £3500 full whack and i keep my eye on it at shows regardless and if i had a 1 of 100grand drift animal there is no way in this world i would leave it alone nor would the rest of the people involved in team japspeed surely that with all these one off parts on it it would of had a tracker on it surely
Old 13-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Hmmmmm. A little suspect, and as said, it doesn't sit right.

I'd like to think that Japspeed wouldn't to something like that - or that they're not naive enough to believe they wouldn't get found out.

If it was a publicity stunt, i bet Santa Pod are pissed - its done their reputation no good in terms of security!

Even on the bbc news site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13755547
Old 13-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

Certainly not a very nice forum to be on (Driftworks), I signed up to ask afew questions and had people posting about me possibly being the one that took the car LMFAO, then got into a slagging match via pm with a mod that was just on there slagging off everyone that posted including mylilscooby.
Old 13-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
Certainly not a very nice forum to be on (Driftworks), I signed up to ask afew questions and had people posting about me possibly being the one that took the car LMFAO, then got into a slagging match via pm with a mod that was just on there slagging off everyone that posted including mylilscooby.

hahaha was that you?? lol they wouldnt have none of it would they there ALL a bunch of wan53rs on there!!! there has been 2 ferarri 430's and a 458 nicked in surrey the last few days and been involved in all cases so i no what im talking about with ANPR's PNC's everything on the motorways actually and i think i made valid points that actually makes you think hmmmmmmm you could be right
Old 15-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Bronze Member

Old 15-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Bronze Member

bit of news on the theft here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13770154?ref=nf
Old 15-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Haha the stickers were off it when it was recovered... but back on for the forensic checks

The reports and info are always out, the the graphics are still there on the trailor
Old 16-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

when cars get nicked or broken into scenes of crime officers only dust for prints in few places..... the main place where they get finger prints are side and rear view mirrors and the edges of windows...... the fact they nicked 4 people would mean the cars forensics would be fast tracked and done straight away as it's now easier for the police to get a conviction for handling stolen goods than the actual theft of the car..... so any forensics will be a bonus in court. once thats done the owners can come get the car back straight away....

its more than likely that someone bubbled up the 4 that got nicked or the car had a tracker..... people don't like advertising the fact they have trackers as you can buy devices that block the signal or the thieves just leave the car in an underground carpark. another preferred choice is a hotel carpark for a few days..... if its still there when they come back bingo, no tracker!! straight to the docks, in a container and off to spain or malta!!
Old 16-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Silver Member

Found this on Yahoo..

Old 16-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Silver Member

i wonder how many people saw that and thought 'wow, cool car' instead of 'there's that stolen car i saw on that stand earlier, i'll call the police' ORRRRRR 'there's that stolen car, i'll film it for a bit then come off at the next junction'!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Rest in peace Jodie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ain_Episode_4/