South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 14-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member

Default What is it with Farmers ???

Since May 2004 I've completed 1632 contracts for clients mainly within the construction industry.

Two of which were silly fart ar5e little jobs for farmers and I got a load of 5hite from both of them when it came to payment.

Just finished another one and I'm getting exactly the same ??????

Do they earn money ? and if not why do they ring up in the first place.

The latest one had a large concrete structure that he is turning into a house.
He wanted 4 doorways and two large windows cut in the 350mm thick concrete walls.
Two Polish guys had been there with hired electric breakers for a week trying to knock out 2 thirds of one doorway.
We supply him a quote, arrange a date and attend. Three days later it's all finished and now he doesn't want to pay as he thinks it's too expensive!

The job cost me £900 in wages for 2 men, £800 in diamond. £ 286.00 in equipment repair and £200 admin. The quote was for 2.6 and now he says it was only worth 1K because it took 3 days.
I told him the duration would be 3-4 days in the quote ????

I'm now on the verge of telling him we shall be shooting one cow per day until we receive monies owed.
Old 14-07-2011, 02:51 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post

I'm now on the verge of telling him we shall be shooting one cow per day until we receive monies owed.
PMSL

Mate, they are all tight fisted old ****ers!

They bang on about quotas, subsidies and being generally hard done by, by our government and Brussels, but look at it realistically.

They all own shed loads of land worth ****loads of dough, building and barns etc which lots of them sell of to property developers again for ****loads of dough, plant and machinery worth.... yes you've guessed.... ****loads of dough.

Yet they all plead bloody poverty.

You go to any farm or agricultural show and just walk round the car parks, you won't see many **** heaps parked there.

Now I know why I gave up Scarecrowing
Old 14-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Bronze Member

why not just go back and brick the whole lot up.............
Old 14-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Gold Member

Give him a week to cough... Or level it with a 16 tonner if you need a driver...
Old 14-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

My dads a farmer, i know how much hard work goes in to it. he had a council owned dairy farm witch he rented for over 30yrs. The council decided to sell them off, he got loan brought the farm then got planning on the old buildings to be converting in to houses an sold the land off hes said "made more money selling his farm than working on it"

he now what i call plays at farming 30 odd horses coulpe of holiday cottages about 100 acers.

farmers are tight!!
Old 14-07-2011, 05:48 PM
worzel

Dairy farmers are the worst hit of any farmers.

I know they are squeezed to buggery for there produce by the supermarkets. If they don't have huge herds they are getting fooked big time. They make literally a few pence per litre of milk at best.

I'm not surprised about the making money on the land and buildings though, thats where farmers ARE making a killing. Lot's of farmers are heading down this route.

But, some of them really do try it on
Old 14-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Shoot the cows lol,
Old 14-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone View Post
My dads a farmer, i know how much hard work goes in to it. he had a council owned dairy farm witch he rented for over 30yrs. The council decided to sell them off, he got loan brought the farm then got planning on the old buildings to be converting in to houses an sold the land off hes said "made more money selling his farm than working on it"

he now what i call plays at farming 30 odd horses coulpe of holiday cottages about 100 acers.

farmers are tight!!
Is he useing all the 100 acers Jaffa?
Old 14-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post

ive got a few guns and enough ammo to pick a fight with a small country. let me know if you need a hand mate

but seriously, i know what you mean. i get this now and again with my work (painter decorator). at the end of the day if they think the quote is too expensive...............then dont go with that f*cking quote. or dont argue the toss about the cost of the job AFTER the job has been done. simples!!!!!
Old 14-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Someone just asked me if I remitted a written agreement before commencing the job.

We have a client list of many blue chip Construction companies and BT, M&S, The Military, Channel Tunnel are among our 250+ client base and yes we do produce Health & Safety Policy, Section 10 Method Statements & Risk Assessments and general company administration before commencing a contract.

If I would have issued that lot to the average farmer it would prove similar to me submitting an African Gibbon the instructions of a self build Caterham 7.

There would have been no point.
Old 14-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Gold Member

Old 14-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member

Ive never met a poor farmer, they just plead poverty to get a good deal
Old 14-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Is he useing all the 100 acers Jaffa?
nope not really, iv got my own moto x track so iam happy