South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 21-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Gold Member

Default JDM All Stars, Round 6 - Wembley Stadium

As the thread title says a handful of snaps taken at the JDM Allstars at Wembley Stadium (car park!). Really wide range of cars there, some for show, some for go and a lot inbetween.

Enjoy!

Just because you can do the Bosozoku thing to a small car, doesn't mean you should...

I've wanted to see the drifting event at Wembley for a couple of years, but there were a couple of big attractions this year, one of which was seeing the Jap Performance Parts Sub-Evo-Line used in anger. It really didn't disappoint:

Somewhere in this picture is a drifting Impreza:

Frickin' awesome!

I promised Guy some photos of various sticker bombed cars, but I didn't get round to it. This car caught my eye though reminded me of him, so I took a snap...

D1GP and Formula D legend Dai Yoshihara:

Old 21-09-2011, 11:22 AM
worzel

Cracking pics matey

And some stunning machinery on show. That Jap Performance car is stunning, I see they picked up third place too
Old 21-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Cracking pics matey
Cheers mate! Was hoping to get more shots (especially of the JPP car), but the weather was all over the place, there were crowds on a lot of the good spots and some of the professional photographers were being dicks and getting in the way.

It was nice to put the camera down for a bit and just watch though!

Quote:
And some stunning machinery on show. That Jap Performance car is stunning, I see they picked up third place too
Third in the Championship, but the car didn't do so well on the day.

The two main things I wanted to see were the JPP Impreza and Dai Yoshihara in action, so I was pretty chuffed when they both got to face off. The JPP car was obviously pushing hard in the first battle, but when they did the second run he pulled the car off just a couple of corners in. Not sure what happened (driveshaft perhaps?) but it was a shame as Dai was giving the car a serious run for its money!
Old 21-09-2011, 01:12 PM
worzel

Pro photographers can be proper arses, especially if you have a half decent camera. They will go out of their way to obstuct your view of anything half decent, the turds

The only exception to this I have ever had with motorsport was at the British GT Championship, they are happy to let you get in and take pics there and will even wait for you without growling. Even on the grid walk.

It's a great result for the JPP Team, they have come an awful long way in a year
Old 21-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Pro photographers can be proper arses, especially if you have a half decent camera. They will go out of their way to obstuct your view of anything half decent, the turds
It doesn't bother me quite so much if they are actually taking pictures. Half of them were standing up against the fence chatting though. Whether I have a camera or not, I paid to get in to watch drifting, not have some tit in a media bib block my view for an afternoon!

To be fair most of them were reasonable (and moved after hurling a suitable amount of abuse at them ), but there were a couple who seemed to pick a spot, look back, then adjust position so they were really in the way.

Quote:
It's a great result for the JPP Team, they have come an awful long way in a year
Definately! Seen the car demoed at a few events, but thats the first time I've seen it used in anger: its an absolute animal!
Old 22-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Makes me miss my old rex

excellent pics mate
Old 22-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
Makes me miss my old rex
Love the later generation RX-7's. The more power they have the rougher they sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
excellent pics mate
Cheers!
Old 23-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Gold Member

Apologies for the double post but...

...bonus RX-7 shot!