South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Bronze Member

Default Warning

Before any one say I know I shouldn't of used fleabay. Basically sold my supersonic dv on fleabay ad the bloke hit the buy it now. Happy days I thought. Then it turns out he is saying its never been received! To which I finally tell him Oh by the way it's recorded delivery here's the number. Next it don't work. So I tell him I've got video footage of it working as I was taking it off. I thought I had covered every angle but obviously not cause now my PayPal has been frozen!! ( this is why I never buy over the net or phone) anyways the bloke sells and buys Subaru bits and his name is stevensubaru555 just don't get done over like I did. Hope this helps someone.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Authorised Trader

if its "faulty" simply ask him to return for a full refund...............

had this with some bike stuff and PP sorted it out in the end

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Bronze Member

I told him to send it back and I'll give a full refund but I'm getting no reply. Plus I can only contact him through eBay. I know it works because I took it straight off my car and put it in a box there and then. Just don't know what his game is.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Gold Member

I know it's not faulty because I heard it running.... How much you make on it? Lol
Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Bronze Member

I put the reserve on for what I paid. He bid a lil bit more I know it works too but he still hasn't contacted me about return? Because I've got one of my mates who want it lol
Old 17-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Bronze Member

Finally got the dv back. And he was kicking off about postage. I couldn't be bothers with anymore petty arguing so just refunded the lot. Then I got curious and looked at the listing to which it's states there is a no return policy and the buyer pays postage. (which I checked this first) and his feed back ain't good either. People saying don't buy or sell to him and loads saying if they had known how smelly the items were they wouldn't of bought em. Wtf? This thread is just a heads up from messers like him.
Old 17-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Bronze Member

I don't buy of eBay I think it's over rated in they way u can't trust anyone I rather buy something for my car on here if someone is selling what I need for it I think some have a ghost eBay account just to boost the price I'm not saying its everyone on there u can get someone genueing and there the ones that suffer
Old 17-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Bronze Member

Don't think I'll be using it again anytime soon.
Old 17-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Silver Member

i have found e-bay is ok for buying as long as you have your wit's about you.
cheack peoples feedback, make your mind up about how much you are prepared to pay for something, bid once and walk away if you stop being the highest bidder.
also new or used, check the price of what you are buying on other web sites first. ebay isnt always the cheepest in my oppinion. all it needs is someone that doesnt know the true value of something to bid too much and its not worth it any more
Old 18-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

Think its hit and miss with ebay, i normally buy from companies with good feed back and lots of contact details, still even then i got ****ed over, bought a body kit for my rx7 and when it turned up it didnt fit at all!!! it was miles out etc so went straight back on ebay to get a refund and send it back and guess what......................... the company had dissapeared and ebay had stopped their account.

There are some good companies and honest people on there though so its not all bad
Old 18-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

Trouble is there are alot of time wasters out there,not just on fleabay either,never used them & never will.Thanks for letting us know,woukld be a good idea to post on scoobynet too,the members there love that sort of thing