South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Regular User

Default bigger turbo or decat

Hi need a spot of advice. I am booked in at slowboy for decat up pipe and fast flow downpipe plus map tweak. Neil at slowboy said I could instead have an STI turbo. I can't afford both unfortunately. Can somebody advise me. I don't want scoob taling forever to spool as I believe that would hap0pen with a larger turbo. Please help. Thanks
Old 13-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Nige

Depends on what you want to do with he car. The turbo gives you a bit of head start. :EVO:
Old 13-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Bronze Member

Whats the car?

Prob be worth saving and getting pipes done at the same time as the turbo. Will save on both labour and mapping costs.
Old 13-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Regular User

Its an 05 WRX already had remap running at 1.3 bar. Its booked in for decat and fast flow on monday I can only do 1 of these things at a time turbo will have to wait i guess. Makes sence what you said about waiting but too impatient. I know the TD04 spools quicker and it is the accelleration that I really use the most. Looking forward to being shown up on track evening but will give it a go
Old 13-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigess View Post
Looking forward to being shown up on track evening but will give it a go
When youre on track the only one to worry about is you.

Everyone on here appreciates the fact that:

youre enjoying yourself wether youre 1st or last it simply does not matter,

as long as you are aware of others on the track.
Old 13-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Regular User

Yep I appreciate that will always be aware of what others are doing for me its just a chance to enjoy my car without fear of Mr Plod
Old 16-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Bronze Member

For me it would be a no-brainer, STI turbo upgrade will make far more difference than downpipe/up pipe alterations I would think, with a remap the STI turbo won't be spooling that late either, just my opinion though
Old 17-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Regular User

Decided to go with the decat as with STi turbo I think would still have the CAT restrictions. Slowboy say that after doing this my present turbo will probably be to its limits he says around the 300bhp mark so the turbo would then be the next step