South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 18-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Regular User

Default advise needed.

i have a 94 wrx brought the car 6 months ago in standerd form i have now started to extract some more ponies and need some advise. i have changed the tmic for a arc tmic hks panel filter greenwood racing developments decat 3 inch systen aswell as a z4 ecu. i just want to know if i need to be carefull with these kind of mods am i pushing my luck running around in it with out a remap? can i get the z4 remaped? if not wat is the best way foward and wat other mods should i do before getting it mapped im aiming for 300 bhp as i use the car daily.

any info would be nice guys cheers.
Old 19-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Regular User

I'm just learning about these things myself but one thing I have picked up on from most people is that remapping is everything if you want the car to run properly. I have an 05 blob and I have had it remapped and difference was awesome just from that. Today it gets up and down pipes decatted and also a map tweek. Hope this helps
Old 19-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Crowman

I'm pretty sure the Z4 ecu can't be mapped, you can fit a piggy back chip, this is what I started with some 9 yrs ago now .
Your best bet is to look for a 2nd hand Power Fc ecu which can be mapped.

The Z4 ecu I belive was a 260bhp unit from the factory .

Silversurfer and jolly green monster are the guys that can give you all the answers.

I would take it easy until you get some answers from these guys, the way I see it, is you've a standard ecu which is not now complimenting your decat .

To give you an idea , I achieved 292bhp with a piggy back chip in a Z4 ECU with full decat and a crude boost control Dawes device .
Then fitted a power fc and 550 injectors and had it mapped by JGM and achieved a safe 336bhp , this was a 96WRX

Power fc will cost approx £400 and injectors approx £100

Hope this helps a little , and good luck with the modding