South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Silver Member

Default My Bank Holiday Weekend Project

fitted an ecu over the bank holiday weekend with an Eclipse chip which replaces the standard one allowing me to use 97ron fuel and raising my boost to 1.1 bar which should put me about 300/300 bhp/torque.

so, to compliment the install, I decided to fit a few gauges.

Before:-

Half Way:-

And finaly:-

Oil gauge isnt connected up yet as I can't fit the oil filter sandwich plate until the new filter and oil turn up and the supplier let me down.
still, at least I have something to do next weekend now !
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Crowman

Nice one mate, good work
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

How hard was it to flock it?

Looks good
Old 08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Silver Member

thanks. flocking is easy but there's a few things i learned on the way (This was my 1st time)
big parts like that a-pilar mount mean you have to work fast otherwise the glue starts drying before you finish applying the flock
also, you're supposed to put the piece you are flocking on something, like a bin-bag so that you can reclaim any unused flock after. do not use cardboard as I did otherwise when you reclaim flock, you will have small bits of cardboard which will block the nozzle of the puffer.

i will be better at it next time having learned from my 1st flocking session !
Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Silver Member

looking good,nice work m8
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
worzel

Nice work matey
Old 09-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one
Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Sweet job, Another idea now to put on my list!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Silver Member

Got any links to the stuff you used for flocking

Cheers jason
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Silver Member

here's the flocking kit I got:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2807034219...84.m1439.l2649

if you search ebay for "flocking kit" you will get a few hits. theres even some on ebay for different colours.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Silver Member

Nice one andy. Looks good buddy.... You can fit the sandwich plate as the sump is lower then the oil filter. But you get a much truer reading with the fitting kit that attaches to the block.... Either way buddy looking damn good..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Silver Member

thanks, last time I took the oil filter off, there was quite a bit of oil that came out and I don't have any more to top it up with after so I didnt wanna take the risk of losing too much.

I do have an adaptor that goes in the block that I can fit a sensor too, but the only place I coulkd see a plug on the block was top of the front nearside cylinder and there doesnt look to be enough room there between the manifold and the block to get the pressure sensor in. is there another plug somewhere you know about that I could use for a pressure sensor ?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Bronze Member

I used one of these. Plugs into top of cyl 3, and saves you needing to use a sandwich plate

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1591