South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 28-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Regular User

Default Japfest 11/5/13. Who's going?

Hello. Just wondering who's going to japfest this year and where your gonna be? Im going with some of my mates from hjc (Hampshire jap cars) and skyline forum. Got a stand pass and even got in on track time!! Session L @ 12:48. Anyway, was just looking to some say hi to some of you guys in person. Hope to see you there.

Old 28-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

SES doesn't have a club stand as we're attending Supercar Siege the following weekend (much closer to our region) and then heading out to the Nurburgring the weekend after that. However, Surrey Scoobies are going

May always seems to be busy in Scoobville!
Old 28-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

I'll be on the MLR stand
Old 29-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Bronze Member

I will be there with the Surrey scoobies , bit of a mission from Kent , have to leave at silly o'clock to get there for 8am
Old 29-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Bronze Member

I'll be there.. On the Surrey Scoobies stand as well.
Old 29-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

I'm going but sadly not on a stand, been the last 2 years and apart from the stupid traffic ques of last year its a great day out, can't wait for this years show.
Old 29-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I will be there with the Surrey scoobies , bit of a mission from Kent , have to leave at silly o'clock to get there for 8am
I'm travelling from Kent as well, so two of us will be leaving at stupid-o-clock!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Regular User

Sorry, Im a noob, didn't follow my own thread. Glad to see a few of you are going. I'll see if i can spot a few of your motors about and come say hello. I think we're (various cars/clubs) leaving southampton at 5:30 to get there. I took about 3hours to get in last year, absolute joke. Hoping they've organised the logistics better this year.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John86sti View Post
I took about 3hours to get in last year, absolute joke. Hoping they've organised the logistics better this year.
We were about 2 hours getting in last year. There were some proper horror stories on Facebook though!

Everytime I have spoken to someone from the orgainsers this year they have reassured me that things will run better this year (and the new ticket system should definately speed things up).

I do wonder how badly the fiasco last year has hit ticket sales this year, as a lot of people aren't prepared to sit in traffic again.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I do wonder how badly the fiasco last year has hit ticket sales this year, as a lot of people aren't prepared to sit in traffic again.
Exactly that mate. I expect numbers will be down which will be the main reason the traffic problems improve, yet the organisers will claim a great success at getting everyone in quicker than last year.

Me, cynical?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Exactly that mate. I expect numbers will be down which will be the main reason the traffic problems improve, yet the organisers will claim a great success at getting everyone in quicker than last year.

Me, cynical?
Haha, well that makes both of us cynics, because I was thinking the same thing!

To be fair in the previous years I've gone we've always had to queue for a bit, but the large numbers last year (and a complete lack or organisation) seemed to really exacerbate the problem.

Even with lower numbers it will interesting to see if things run better this year.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

10 minutes to get in the main paddock last year
Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Bronze Member

Was about 4 hours for us to get in last year, then heard that the police shut the road and started turning people away 30mins after we got in, I'd of been pi$$ed if that had happen, club wise it looks as busy as previous years.