South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM
BANNED USER

Default Fob and knocking

Thought I'd ask both questions in this one thread.

A: At the moment I have to put the key in the door to lock or unlock, is there a way to program a key fob to work?

B: When going over bumpy ground slowly I hear a loud knockinh from the passenger rear, its not the exhaust. If I push the back up and down theres no noise. Any ideas?

The car is a 95 v2 sti.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Regular User

The knocking on ther rear passenger side is the usual knock nearly every Scoob has suffered. I replaced the top pillow mount on mine and it came back again.

There are loads of threads around the interweb discussing it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=su...w=1366&bih=566
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM
BANNED USER

Okay thanks I'll leave that. Theres always a weird tinny clattering noise when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal when driving. Searched and hopefully it's the heatshields.. will check that soon.

Oh and a weird grinding noise from one of the wheels or brakes when revsersing. All good fun.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:10 PM
BANNED USER

Or is there a way to get keyless entry?

Has one fitted remote start?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Knocking is probably rear strut or a cracked coil spring.
Jack it up and check spring.

Uk cars have remote entry and early wrx only if an alarm with it fitted was installed in the uk.

Grinding noise may be the brake disk dust shields touching the disk.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
BANNED USER

Thanks. So is there a way to program a fob?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS2810 View Post
Okay thanks I'll leave that. Theres always a weird tinny clattering noise when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal when driving. Searched and hopefully it's the heatshields.. will check that soon.

Oh and a weird grinding noise from one of the wheels or brakes when revsersing. All good fun.
I Seem to get a light clattering noise when I take my foot off the accelerator in 3 and 4. Think it's coming from the gear box area but can't pin point it?! Sounds like something is slack.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Is it a Sigma fob that you have?
Do you have the keypad in the car?
Do you know the code?

If the answer to all these is yes I've got the instructions, if any are no then I don't know!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 AM
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
I Seem to get a light clattering noise when I take my foot off the accelerator in 3 and 4. Think it's coming from the gear box area but can't pin point it?! Sounds like something is slack.
Yeah that's what im worried about. When I change the oil and filter ill have a look at the heatshields.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
Is it a Sigma fob that you have?
Do you have the keypad in the car?
Do you know the code?

If the answer to all these is yes I've got the instructions, if any are no then I don't know!
No
No
No

It just has a key, no keypad. Dont know what alarm.