South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > New Members (first thread here please)

New Members (first thread here please) New members introduce yourself to our existing members here.

Old 17-06-2015, 05:47 PM

Default Hey

Hi everyone,

I met a few of you at supercar siege a few weeks back. You all seem rather pleasant and friendly so I thought I'd join in. I have a my93 Impreza which is almost finished but still needs work doing and I'm going to need your help

Any recommendations for rusty arch repair would be great!

Thanks
Matt
Old 17-06-2015, 05:57 PM

Hi Matt, welcome to SES, think I remember chatting to you by the BMW's...?
Old 17-06-2015, 06:00 PM
SES Catering & Picnic Services

Welcome
Old 17-06-2015, 06:12 PM

Hi Matt - welcome to SES - Shane is ur man or Scott I think for rusty arch repairs

Post some pics

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 17-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

Hi and welcome to the club .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 17-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Matt, We did speak at Leeds and you took a photo of the business card of the guy I used. Scott has found someone else but I believe he has a 6 month waiting list of work.

Before and after photos in my thread:

http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=9544
Old 17-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Silver Member

Hi and welcome to SES!
Old 17-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Silver Member

Hi &
Old 17-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

Howdy do
Old 17-06-2015, 07:49 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

to SES
Old 17-06-2015, 08:22 PM

to SES fella

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 17-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Regular User

hi and
Old 17-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Welcome
Old 17-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

greetings
Old 23-07-2015, 12:18 AM

Sorry everyone, been rather busy lately but have a few updates.

Yes NL03Scooby, I was with the TVR's next the BMW's.
Thanks Red Barron, I gave him a call but due to the car being non roadworthy at the moment we both agreed I'm a little to far for him to visit for a quote.

I've been tinkering since my last post. Will get round to uploading some pictures soon.

1. For a while now the rocker covers have been leaking. I finally got round to replacing the rocker cover gaskets, coil pack gaskets, oil breather gaskets and all new washers for the rocker cover bolts. Bought it all as a kit from sprinting hare JDM for a reasonable £60ish pounds delivered. Was a rather fiddly job and involved a bit of swearing.
Not to mention someone had used mastic on the old gaskets before. Who uses mastic? Had the very last bolt start rounding off. With a bit of praying I managed to get it out. Bought a new bolt for just over £1 from FG Barnes Subaru in Maidstone. All parts I've ordered there are next day and it's been so handy having one nearby again.

2. Whilst changing the rocker covers I dropped the oil, changed the oil filter and sump but washer. Thought it'd be an ideal time to do it. Filled the oil filter then filled the engine back up with 10w60. Cranked it over for about 30 seconds with the fuel pump disconnected then reconnected and started up with no horrible noises.

3. Had a problem with it idling really high. About 1800RPM. I've checked all the hoses and can't see any issues there. Had it IACV off, cleaned it with brake fluid cleaner and bought a new gasket. £12.12 for a gasket though! Put it back together and it was still idling high. I took the hose leading to the IACV from the intake off and bunged it then the revs dropped right down. I feel like this is a bit of a bodge but I undid the screws on top of the IACV and adjusted it round marginally and now it idles at 1000RPM. The idle still picks up when I press the brake pedal. I think the diaphragm in the brake servo could be the issue? The brake pedal is really spongy and inspires no confidence at all. I pressed the brake several times until it hardened up then started the car and the pedal fell away from my foot. I can't remember what that signifies but I know it's not good lol.

4. I've got the car booked in wnd of October with Gary from Viking Coachworks. Seen a few recomendations for him on here and we'll, he's my mates dad so I got a good price the car will be getting the rear arches cut out and replaced with the repair panels I bought. The offside rear sill is damaged too so that will be cut out and replaced them a full respray.

5. Owing to the fact the car is getting a full respray I decided to give the car a facelift. I made a small typo in my first post. It's a MY 92 not 93. The car was imported in 99 and the English weather hasn't been to kind. As it was an import I searched high and low for an alloy facelift bonnet as I didn't fancy a steel one. Not only that but the original bonnet was alloy so why make it heavier. I changed the offside wing as this was rusted beyond repair. New facelift v6 grille, 98-00 facelift bumper, fog lamp covers, black crystal indicators as I already put black crystal headlights and sidelights ages ago. Finally a P1 splitter. The bumper also involved a lot of swearing and took me a whole day. I'll upload some pics soon.

Things still to do:

1. Upgrade brakes as it still has standard 2 pot fronts and 1 pot tears. I upgraded the discs to tarot discs ages ago and put ebc red stuff pads in which helped but with all the extra power I've put into it I think it needs to stop better.

2. Wheel. I've got BK racing 17" wheels on atm but they've never been to my taste. I really wanted a set of ultralite specs 18" in gold but they've recently stop producing them. May well go for PFF7's if I can find some or Inovot redlines.

Right, best be off to bed. Thanks for all your welcome messages. Much appreciated.

Matt