South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 23-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Gold Member

Default Help with my temp gauge.

Im in need of some help with what i presume is my oil temp gauge the one furthest left?? doesnt work and havnt got a clue why.. any ideas would be great also where abouts the sensor is located on the engine aswell so i can check,make sure it is actually attached... thanks in advance.
Old 23-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Gold Member

lets change this actually i removed the pod and found its been cut so not attached at all... apart from the bulb,could anyone explain where its ment to go and what it will attach to the other end please, also where i can get the parts ill need ...tahnsk again..
Old 23-09-2015, 10:06 PM

I think I have a brand new oil temp sensor kit unopened in the garage from when I fitted my gauges - bought from scoobyworld - if it's of use u can have?

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 24-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
I think I have a brand new oil temp sensor kit unopened in the garage from when I fitted my gauges - bought from scoobyworld - if it's of use u can have?
that would be a great help... are they a universal kit??
Old 24-09-2015, 06:57 AM

PM'd mate...

&
Old 24-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

I thought that had gone Ryan

http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=19758

Old 24-09-2015, 07:59 AM

I better actually check to see if it is in the garage then

Munk - I did say I would check in garage ton in PM - I may be speaking out of term and might not have one after all pmsl! (brain like a goldfish me!)

I will investigate and report my findings! pmsl..

Apologies for the confusion all round

&
Old 24-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Gold Member

No worries bud.. have done my research and been in contact with hks europe.. who have now said they are selling off old stock and dont sell new anymore.. and aparently universal kits wont fit these gauges??so may have to buy a new set of gauges.. anyone recomend a good set and where to buy from??
Old 24-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Gold Member

Have you not tried to join the wire back together as was working ok before I sold it to Tim???
Old 24-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
Have you not tried to join the wire back together as was working ok before I sold it to Tim???
Are the wires coming out of the sensor still attached and going through the bulkhead into the car???
Old 24-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
No worries bud.. have done my research and been in contact with hks europe.. who have now said they are selling off old stock and dont sell new anymore.. and aparently universal kits wont fit these gauges??so may have to buy a new set of gauges.. anyone recomend a good set and where to buy from??
Oh ok buddy - no worries

&
Old 24-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
Defi's if you cant fix these .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 24-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Sender should be connected to a braided pipe that will probably exit under the inlet manifold on the left hand side or alternatively to a sandwich plate between the engine and oil filter. If the sender is there then hopefully it's just a case of reconnecting the sender to the gauge and supplying some power. It could be the gauge was playing up hence it being disconnected so worth trawling ebay for a replacement as they are nice gauges.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Quote:
Are the wires coming out of the sensor still attached and going through the bulkhead into the car???
the only wire left in the gauge is for bulb mate, the capilary type wire/pipe has been cut a few inchs behind the gauge and nothing else visible into the car...god nows why it would have been cut??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Defi's if you cant fix these .
i keep hearing about these..what so good about them?? excuse the total lack of knowledge on the whole gauge situation..if was tyres or exhausts maybe diffrent...but never had any extra gauges fitted before in any of my subarus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Sender should be connected to a braided pipe that will probably exit under the inlet manifold on the left hand side or alternatively to a sandwich plate between the engine and oil filter. If the sender is there then hopefully it's just a case of reconnecting the sender to the gauge and supplying some power. It could be the gauge was playing up hence it being disconnected so worth trawling ebay for a replacement as they are nice gauges.
ill check in the morning thanks alot.

Last edited by munk; 24-09-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Defi's are prob the most accurate for readings and are not cheap to buy , ive just bought a set of defi's that require 2 sensors but a few of the lads on here run defi guages better off speaking to them .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 24-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Defi's are prob the most accurate for readings and are not cheap to buy , ive just bought a set of defi's that require 2 sensors but a few of the lads on here run defi guages better off speaking to them .