South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Crowman

Default And about frigging time too

As most of you know I trashed my M3 recently, in fact on 4th May.
I'm fully comp, so you would expect a nice easy claim and settlement. Wrong, I have had 2 months of utter ****e and the run around from the insurance company. The last two weeks I have called daily and the last week twice a day, they tried everything in the book to get out of settling., furkin tossers. We all pay our premium, no questions asked and then they fook you about like this. Yes it has really pissed me off.
But Urika they have settled today. So can at last look forward to the new car
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Nice one Martyn, glad it's all sorted.
Thats the last thing you need, but unfortunatley what we come to expect from insurance.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

excellent news....now for the 2 year wait from bmw about the airbags!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

I hope they paid out its full value.

I hope you did not accept there 1st offer.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

glad its finally sorted and the money is in the bank - means you can draw a bit line under it and look forward to the new scoob!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Glad you got it sorted and must be a weight of your mind. Just so I can avoid them who were the insurance company (not the broker) ?.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
excellent news....now for the 2 year wait from bmw about the airbags!
Not looking good on that front mate.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
I hope they paid out its full value.

I hope you did not accept there 1st offer.
Never get the full purchase value mate,but no ididnt accept first offer,3 weeks of arguing and then 3rd offer accepted, not out of pocket as in my finance on car was settled, Phew!
Car cost 25k spent 1K on tyres got £22,500 settlement
So i hired an M3 for 6 months for 3.5k priceless!!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Glad you got it sorted and must be a weight of your mind. Just so I can avoid them who were the insurance company (not the broker) ?.
Broker was red line, no probs there, Company was Groupama - Needless to say wont being going anywhere near them, also have other insurances with them, am obviously changing that now.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Nice one mate. Glad it's sorted

Now time to look forward to the new one
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Not bad pay-out, could have been worse
Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Company was Groupama
I'm sure Gary said i'm with them

Oh well, i expect they're all the same! To be honest, as Lee says - 22.5k on a 25k purchase 6 months ago is a pretty good payout i think!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I'm sure Gary said i'm with them

Oh well, i expect they're all the same! To be honest, as Lee says - 22.5k on a 25k purchase 6 months ago is a pretty good payout i think!
They probably are all the same mate, its just ****e when they happily take your money, then furk you around for 2 months. Ahhhhhh

Anyway all sorted now
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Gold Member

Glad its all sorted now.....soooo, made your mind up what your getting?

When I had a total loss on my RS1 Turbo, took Adrian Flux almost a year to sort it out. Never been anywhere near them since.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Glad its all sorted now.....soooo, made your mind up what your getting?

When I had a total loss on my RS1 Turbo, took Adrian Flux almost a year to sort it out. Never been anywhere near them since.
Ouch a year!
Adrian flux was popular with the RS's

Yes mate am getting a newer scoob
Old 07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
worzel

An orange one at that

Glad it's finally sorted out though mate
Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
An orange one at that

Glad it's finally sorted out though mate
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh its not bloomin orange, Its Yeeeeeelow
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM

ah so you did get a yellow one

thought you weren't gonna give that away until it had arrived!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Broker was red line, no probs there, Company was Groupama - Needless to say wont being going anywhere near them, also have other insurances with them, am obviously changing that now.

I'm with them but I imagine they are all the same.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

Keith micheals deals with them also, just changed Shaz's from groupama through a-plan and gone to good old Gary Moulsden and a company called eclipse and saved us a packet, about £300.

Taken groupama 3 weeks to send me a copy of my no-claims discount and nearly had our insurance cancelled throuth keith micheals because of it, think we spent 2 hours in total ringing and chasing.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Crowman

All i can say is the customer support was truly shocking, they tried every sneaky trick in the book to get out of paying.
I even had to get proof of a recorded conversation i had with the broker telling them about my endorcements..
Another very wise tip for you,take a copy of your driving licence,proof of no claims,imobiliser fititng cert if you have one and send it to your insurance company asking that they put it on your file.
They said i had never told them i had points so was there for fraudelant and thus have never been covered and my insurance is void.
Do not take it for granted that your broker has given all the information to them.
I had to request the recording of my conversation with the broker when i informed them of my endorcements.Without this i would almost certainly be 22k worse off!!

I am not saying all brokers or insurance companies are the same, only that my experience with Groupama was truly terrible and i would most definately not touch them again for that reason.

In fact guys if you have endorcements on your licence, give your insurance sa call and ask them if they have record of them, if they say no,it will be aimed at you falcifying your policy details if ever you have a claim.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

glad you finally got it sorted mate and glad you got a good pay out, when my swift was written of it took me nearly 2 years to get a payout and the car was parked up and empty but they still tried to say it was my fault, dont quite know how that works when the car is completly empty of persons and was parked up and locked and hit by the only person driving, there are some really good insurers out there though too
Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Silver Member

I am with groupama through Moley.It has taken a month to get my Scoob sorted got it back today.They have not been the fastest but they did fight it for me as the other firm was tying to use 2nd hand parts.As it is i still had to find £135 for the bit's the insurance would not pay out on
Old 08-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Same here really, wasnt a problem with my insurance company it was the other parties who tried everything to get out of paying for it.

It was only when it got to 2 weeks before the court date they decided to give in and pay out, should of just been an open and shut case seeing as they reversed into me and i was parked
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Silver Member

Don't now what they are up to now.Had a phone call today asking where all the paper work was and had i sent it i told them i had and even gave them the dates as i sent them recorded.They then phoned back to say they could not find them and had not had them so i asked who had signed for them at there company.Then before i knew it there here to pick the hire car up then tryed saying i had hit the front of that.In the end always check the hire car with a fine tooth comb and have them mark everything glad i did as when i showed the collection team my copy of the delivery sheet it was different to there's ????????? I just hope i never have to go through this again as Andy said i was also stopped and had someone reverse into me.

One thing will not be paying extra for hire car on next years insurance for the **** they supply i would sooner ride my Bicycle