South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 13-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Bronze Member

Default gatwick group subaru

just had my cambelt service done today from these guys and i can highly recommend them. dave on service reception is most helpful and there is two subaru tecs from cheam moters working there now aswel
Old 13-04-2011, 02:00 PM
worzel

Dave Hollamby is an absolute gem! It's good to hear a positive bit of feedback from there as reports have been a little iffy of late.

Dave has always looked after my scooby and is a credit to the company. it's great to hear they have some proper Subaru techs there again too
Old 13-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Bronze Member

both me and matt23 from surrey when there this morning and done both as we waited
Old 13-04-2011, 02:07 PM
worzel

Thats great stuff. Good old Gatwick are back on track
Old 13-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

As said... Daves a great credit to them who has helped me out loads of times
Old 13-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Regular User

Just out of interest how much did they charge u for the service?
Old 13-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Bronze Member

This was to have them both done so it might be more expensive if you book on your own but we both paid £480 Inc tentioner
Old 13-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Gold Member

Well there parts department are a waste of space, will never use them again.

Hammonds for me, excellent service.
Old 13-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Authorised Trader

Their parts department changed as of Monday this week, Jim from Cheam has now taken over
Old 13-04-2011, 05:42 PM
worzel

Again, thats good to hear.

I know that Rich is not the only person that has had traumas with the parts dept. The parts guys have been bloody useless on many occasions in the last year or so. They have obviously listened to the criticisms and acted on them, which is good.

We have had a yearly event with Gatwick for some time now, at least since 2004 that I know of, this is the first year that we haven't. Just because of the way it seemed to be heading down there and last years problems.

Dave Hollamby has battled on at Gatwick and is maybe dragging it back from the brink of something ****ty. With the Cheam Subaru guys involved over there, things can only get better.
Old 13-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Bronze Member

how about a geo and dent day this year
Old 13-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Authorised Trader

I'll be up for that
Old 15-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Mines a Large JD

When did the cheam boys take over,? l took my scoob to have air con pulley sorted and then received a £1200 quote in the post for brake discs/pad replacement that they said needed doing...so l took the scoob to 2 independant garages who both said my brakes were fine, just as well as l only had new pads put on last year !! Dave did ring up and apologise but it somehow left a nasty taste !
Old 16-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

There's a new dealership in Chichester as well, Hemmings I think.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter