South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 26-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Regular User

Default Few pics of a weekend WIP ( Front Bumper).

Well the intercooler went on the car a few weeks ago, Wasn't 100% sure how i was going to finish it all off.

At the start i just put loads of holes in it to ensure i was getting as much air as possible. Also made a bracket to fit the Number plate to the right hand side of the car otherwise it was in the way

I and a few friends didn't like this look so i thought 'Goodbye Number plate Recess!' It looked horrible just sitting there anyway.

Spent all Day today cutting it , Fibreglassing and Smoothing.

Bumper will hopefully be sprayed tomorrow, Can't say i've personally seen this done on many cars
Old 26-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Gold Member

that looks wicked karl,its the little touches that stand out m8
Old 26-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Gold Member

Think it's going to look sweet once sprayed up mate!
Old 26-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

That's pretty much exactly what I have planned for mine
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 26-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

good job, looks much better without that bit stuck on the front!
Old 27-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Did you plastic weld or just use Fibre Glass to fill the gap?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 27-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member

Only prob is with police cracking down on number plate location... I was forced last year by a traffic cop to stick mine back on it original location... Looks good tho
Old 27-06-2011, 09:09 AM
worzel

Liking that idea mate, it's the only way to really finish it off.

Although the number plate issue may arrise at some point like James says.

I ended up getting a metal plate made up, which is just plate taped on.

Old 27-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

Nice one buddy!!!
Old 27-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Moving it back would most certainly suck!

Being as i look so young they watch me like a hawk and follow me anyway! I can't say i've heard much about where it has to be situated on the front bumper as far as i was concerned it just had to be reflective :P

It's all sprayed up now, If i can actually bare the heat ill take a pictures.

I fibreglass it on the back bit of filler in the middle and then some very fine fibreglass across the front so it has support from both sides and it's going to crack should the bumper flex.
Old 27-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Regular User

Fixing of front registration plates: vehicles registered on or after the relevant date

6.—(1) This regulation applies to vehicles, other than works trucks, road rollers and agricultural machines, first registered on or after the relevant date.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (5), a registration plate must be fixed on the front of the vehicle in the manner required by paragraph (3).
(3) This paragraph requires the plate to be fixed—
(a)vertically or, where that is not reasonably practicable, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable,
(b)in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable from every part of a relevant area having the diagonal length specified in paragraph (4).
(4) The diagonal length of the relevant area is—
(a)in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is at least 57 millimetres, 22 metres,
(b)in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is 50 millimetres, 21.5 metres,
(c)in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is 44 millimetres, 18 metres.
(5) In the case of a motor cycle or a motor tricycle which does not have a body of a type which is characteristic of the body of a four-wheeled vehicle—
(a)a registration plate must not be fixed on the front of a vehicle if it was first registered on or after 1st September 2001,
(b)a plate need not be fixed on the front of the vehicle if it was first registered before 1st September 2001.

Cant say i'm breaking any of those !