South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 31-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Regular User

Default I have finally found a car...

I now have in my possession this...

Its a late 2004 MY05 Subaru WRX (I think that's right, I'm still getting used to all of this). No mods except for the JPerformance exhaust and the black 17" wheels. Although the wheels will eventually be coming off to make way for these 18s

It needs a good wash and wax but overall appears in good condition and is lovely to drive. Its a little bit different to the Ford Focus that I have just rid myself of to own this!!!
Old 31-03-2016, 12:16 PM

Looking good looks very clean that...

I went from a mondeo to a Scooby - its quite different! ha ha

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 31-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Welcome

The WRX/Impreza badges on the bootlid aren't in the standard place for some reason (should be on left of bootlid). I'd debadge it, will make the rear end look much cleaner
Old 31-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Regular User

Thanks, I'm very happy with it and plan on looking after for a good while yet. It drives so well that I have found myself going a bit faster than I realised, so I will have to keep an eye on that.

I'm not planning on doing much to it (yet ) I will mock up an image without the badge and see how I like it, also maybe look at the badge on the other side. I always used to debadge everything but now I quite like the standard look. I spent a while getting my Peugeot 205 gti back to factory standard, including the original Clarion tape deck! I will make sure that I get some pictures once I've had the time to give it a proper wash.
Old 31-03-2016, 03:10 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Very nice Love a black scoob. The badges are easy to move around or remove completely. Mine was badged and debadged several times, but I think debadged is the way to go.
Old 31-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Nice +1 on a black Scoob or 2
Old 31-03-2016, 07:44 PM

Welcome to SES and good to see another black blob. I'm looking to de-badge my boot lid but need to find a replacement boot lid first!

Out of interest what is your paint code?

You say you are not planning any changes 'yet', no doubt that will quickly change!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL03Scooby View Post
Welcome to SES and good to see another black blob. I'm looking to de-badge my boot lid but need to find a replacement boot lid first!

Out of interest what is your paint code?

You say you are not planning any changes 'yet', no doubt that will quickly change!
Thanks all.

The colour code is 32J, Obsidian Black, I only noticed very recently that it has the pearl metallic look to it in certain lighting conditions.

I have no doubt that I will be making some changes in the future. I am just enjoying the car as it is for now though

Could anyone let me know why my exhaust has 2 holes in the end? Is it for an exhaust bung? It is a Jperformance exhaust.

Thanks

Last edited by Jason7579; 01-04-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Holes in that position are for the fitting of a track day bung, if the hole is only on the bottom it may be for drainage but that is uncommon.
Personally I'd debadge the boot - I've not even got a lock on mine!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 01-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Regular User

Thanks, I thought as much but wasn't 100% as I've not seen this before.

I was thinking about getting rid of the boot lock all together but am a bit worried about doing so as I have seen posts regarding the manual boot release failing. Have you got it on your alarm fob also? Does look very smart completely debadged and keyless.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I debated getting a solenoid to use the alarm remote but just use the manual boot release inside the car - if the cable does fail you can just about reach through the ski hatch!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 07-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Regular User

Just finished installing a new little toy, I got a cheap reverse camera to use with my pioneer head unit. Not got it perfectly adjusted yet but I'm happy to have it all up and running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160407_170421.jpg (113.6 KB, 14 views)