South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 AM
worzel

Cool Just 3 weeks now Boys & Girls

Three weeks today, myself and the Crowman, will be setting off for Brussels.

Then down to Auderath on Thursday morning

We really need to get our act together with a plan for the Saturday. There have been quite a few things posted about things to do, can we all have a look at them and maybe put down which ones we fancy doing? It will save wasting an hour or more when we are out there on the Saturday morning.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
We really need to get our act together with a plan for the Saturday. There have been quite a few things posted about things to do, can we all have a look at them and maybe put down which ones we fancy doing? It will save wasting an hour or more when we are out there on the Saturday morning.
Agree 100%. Wastes the day to be sitting around outside for an hour waiting for everyone to get ready.

Don't mind what we do, but I vote either a trip down to Cochem or Boppard (in as few cars as possible), a wander round, maybe a boat ride up the Mosel or Rhein etc.

Boppard's got a chair-lift that goes up to the top of the hill overlooking the 'S' bend in the Rhein, but its about a 45 drive from Auderath. Went there last year before heading up to Worzel's Palace, but it might be somewhere different to see for the rest of you.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...inschleife.jpg (boppard is the town on the right of photo). Plenty of restuarants/bars overlooking the river where we can stop for the odd beer too (i'm not driving!)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
worzel

Sounds good Steve

I would like to pay a visit to the Castle at Nurburg.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/castle/index.html

That wouldn't take too long.

So how does this sound so far?

1: Leave hotel 10.00am (latest) - Nurburg Castle. 30 min journey max. 30 mins looking round and some photos (it's not massive)

2: Leave Nurburg Castle 11.00am ish, head towards boppard (maybe via Cochem) 45mins. So arrival at arround 12.30 ish, lunch and a beer or 2.

3: Leave Boppard at 2.00pm and head to ??????

Remember we need to be leaving the hotel at approx 6.30pm to go to the Tiergarten.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
1: Leave hotel 10.00am (latest) - Nurburg Castle. 30 min journey max. 30 mins looking round and some photos (it's not massive)

2: Leave Nurburg Castle 11.00am ish, head towards boppard (maybe via Cochem) 45mins. So arrival at arround 12.30 ish, lunch and a beer or 2.

3: Leave Boppard at 2.00pm and head to ??????

Remember we need to be leaving the hotel at approx 6.30pm to go to the Tiergarten.
Might be too rushed? Better to enjoy the day rather than spending it bombing around too much. Castle looks cool tho, this pic was recently posted on a thread on scoobynet so definately worth a look.

Howabout leave hotel at 10am, leave castle between 11-12, get to boppard at 1ish for lunch, then afternoon wandering round, couple of beers, go up the hill if people want for the views (cafe up the top with terrace overlooking the river bend). Back to hotel for 5:30ish to get changed and sorted for the evening.

??
Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
worzel

I'm cool with that Just imagine a few Scoobs in that picture above

What about everyone else?

I would say that, from the Castle maybe go straight to Boppard (not via Cochem) , do some mooching, drinking and eating etc, then go via Cochem on the way home to have a blat up through the hairpins with a photo stop. It will be on the way home after all.

And another thing guys, if this isn't what people want to do and there are other things that people may have wanted to do, there will be enough people to split into 2 good sized groups.

This is nothing hard and fast at all.

So options a plenty
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Bronze Member

What? You're trying to abolish the customary 'stand around in a car park for an hour deciding what to do'?

The castle gets my vote and Boppard was lovely last year, so would be happy to go back there! As Steve said, there's a nice cafe at the top of the hill accessible by chairlift from the town or by road (although we didn't manage to find the road last year!)
Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_PPP View Post
there's a nice cafe at the top of the hill accessible by chairlift

Is "E" not bringing his Stannah?????
Old 03-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Will people stop reminding me how long i have to get the engine out of my car fixed and then put back in. ... Thank you
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Will people stop reminding me how long i have to get the engine out of my car fixed and then put back in. ... Thank you
Oi, what are you doing on here. That wont get your engine fixed
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Is "E" not bringing his Stannah?????
Lol. you beat me to that one.

Love you really Mr E
Old 03-05-2011, 03:59 PM
worzel

Quote:
Just to make things sound better mate...... it's 1,814,400 seconds until we go, thats ages mate, stacks of time
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Love you really Mr E
Don't want him killing me in my sleep....
Old 03-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Quote:
Know the feeling still need to:

a. get the engine mounts replaced
b. get the the oil cooler leak fixed
c. fit the new rear disks and pads
d. win the lottery
e. Replace turbo and remap
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

at least you lot are going

still at least the car is ok.....
Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

All this talk about going out and to have a drink or two?

Dont forget the ring is open from 17.30 Saturday afternoon till 19.30

I am happy to do a some sight seeing but would be more up for finding some nice driving roads and going for out for some driving fun, the road behind Cochiem for example.

Alot of things obviously depend on the weather, we do have Friday evening to decide the next days activities.

I have just noticed this,

Its not going to give anyone wanting to go on the ring much time?
Or are peeps not bothered about the evening session?

As usual Im easy, with what ever.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Don't want him killing me in my sleep....
If you snore too much you will be in the garden.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:52 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post

Its not going to give anyone wanting to go on the ring much time?
Or are peeps not bothered about the evening session?

Do you not think that there might just be a ridiculous mad rush for those 2 hours? It is open all day on the Sunday.

People can do whatever they want though Ian, as stated, there is no hard and fast, this trip is for everyone to do what they want, when they want. I'm just up for getting out and about for a day instead of waiting around for a 2 hour mad rush, which has every chance of getting shut down for a crash. If you want to go out and find some "driving roads", fill your boots mate. Like I said earlier, theres enough people to have 2 groups, so get the second group started if you don't want to come with us, not a problem in the slightest.

As long as people pitch up at the restaurant when they are supposed or close to it, then no bother what so ever. This is the only thing on this break with a time on it. If anyone doesn't want to go to the restaurant on the Saturday, can they please let me know, so I can at least let the restaurant know.

It has been 7.00pm for the restaurant for the last 5 weeks and it's only raised it's head as a problem now! Nothing like leaving it late.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Will they check my alcohol level Saturday before i go on the Ring.... Burp

Only joking
Old 03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
worzel

Quote:

Only joking
It would be 20% meths mate
Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Crowman

Quote:

Only joking

James
Can i be your drinking buddy. I am on my tod and not sporting a cast on my arm this year.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
worzel

Quote:
James
Can i be your drinking buddy. I am on my tod and not sporting a cast on my arm this year.
Be prepared for an aching liver mate!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

I hate to say it... but im looking forward to the banter and drinking more than the driving
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
worzel

Quote:
I hate to say it... but im looking forward to the banter and drinking more than the driving
It's what it's all about at the end of the day!

Saturday night will be a good one for the non drivers

Line up the Bitburgers

And as for Judge Stiggy on Sunday night!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

How about Friday Night up.........The Harrow ?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Surely not.

You might aswell save yourself £500 and go on the piss in your local.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Yep, banter, drinking, scenery, lots of twistys, can't wait
Old 03-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Crowman

Quote:
It's what it's all about at the end of the day!

Saturday night will be a good one for the non drivers

Line up the Bitburgers

And as for Judge Stiggy on Sunday night!
Don't forget the good old scooby milks
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM
worzel

Looking forward to a few of those on Sunday night in the court session! Might have one or ten on Friday night too!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Surely not.

You might aswell save yourself £500 and go on the piss in your local.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 PM
worzel

If I remember correctly, CJ got a load of grief a couple of weeks ago for saying it was not about having a crack for him, which is why he does Spa instead! Some people have very short memories when it suits don't they

You will be in a very small minority if you are not going for a crack with mates!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Nige

Between now & the Ring i only have 8/9 days off. The bloody engine isnt in the car yet & it will need a map tweek. Not to mention an M.O.T. Thats if all works well. You just know there will be some teething probs. Oh forgot the car will need running in to! Tight or what
Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 PM
worzel

Bloody hell Nige, what are they playing at? I take they waited for James to come back before starting as you feared then?

Like we said in a previous post though mate, Plenty of people who will give any kind of help possible. I will force myself to put in some miles for you on the running in..... if you like?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Crowman

Fook me Nige cutting it fine. Then theres James with his probs, Nicks turbo issues.
Fingers crossed everyone gets sorted in time.

I am here if anyone needs any help, running about, bits collected etc. Just shout guys.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
If I remember correctly, CJ got a load of grief a couple of weeks ago for saying it was not about having a crack for him, which is why he does Spa instead! Some people have very short memories when it suits don't they

You will be in a very small minority if you are not going for a crack with mates!
This is what CJ said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
No more OCD than you have with the ring
only saying if your going to spend for 15 laps you can gett a full day at a proper cuircuit , but there is no educating some poeple ,enjoy the armco barrier
If you all get bored why not take a drive over and have a look at the track instead of slagging the idea off when you haven't even seen it with your own eye's

This was my reply:

Get bored now you are having a laugh.
We are all going to have fun and will do whether we are driving round the Ring or on the surrounding roads, and enjoying each others company
I dont recall anyone slagging of the idea of going to Spa.
What is boring is you keeping on about this years trip and how we could all save money by going to Spa. If we wanted to go to Spa we would may be next year others will who knows?

CJ did not mention any thing about the 'crack'.

I am of cause going for a laugh and the comradery (crack) hopefully this year will be more like the 1st year we went, which was brilliant fun apart from losing a couple of scoobs.

All I am saying is that going on the piss is certainly not one of my priorities. I dont drink very much (as I cant) call me a party pooper if you wish.

Having fun in the scoob with everyone in there vehicles is though.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Between now & the Ring i only have 8/9 days off. The bloody engine isnt in the car yet & it will need a map tweek. Not to mention an M.O.T. Thats if all works well. You just know there will be some teething probs. Oh forgot the car will need running in to! Tight or what
Paul is in a similar situation also.
Looks like he may well be in a Civic type R
Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 PM
worzel

The problem is Ian, you are putting a negative point across, when everyone seems to be positive.

Instead of just slating the ideas we come up with, think about it and come up with an alternative one, as was asked right back at the beginning of this thread. If you really want to go off and do something else, come up with a plan and people may well want to do what you want. Simple as matey

Everyone is looking forward to having a good time down there and for a lot of us, that includes having a bloody good drink up. We know you can't drink, but we like a drink and we will be hitting the ale in style at some point. It is at the end of the day a holiday. And.... you can join in anytime you like....... you bleedin miserable old goat (minus a drink of course )

I'm gonna splash out on a feral cat for you I think, so you can give it a swift boot up the jacksie when you are having a bad day
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Nige

Quote:
Bloody hell Nige, what are they playing at? I take they waited for James to come back before starting as you feared then?

Like we said in a previous post though mate, Plenty of people who will give any kind of help possible. I will force myself to put in some miles for you on the running in..... if you like?
There JRM that is are not holding back. Due to bank holiday monday the block went off for its work & back last Thursday. Friday wedding JRM dont work Sat/Sun then another bank holiday Monday. So the engine work {putting it back together} started yesterday. Im off down there today just to see if i can help.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 AM

I am looking forward to going very much especially the drive there and back.
The convoy on the Friday should be fun.

Certainly more than I was last year, if I was not I certainly would not be going.

Someone has got to look after a load of piss heads,

Now where is that cat.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Nige

Quote:
This is what CJ said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
No more OCD than you have with the ring
only saying if your going to spend for 15 laps you can gett a full day at a proper cuircuit , but there is no educating some poeple ,enjoy the armco barrier
If you all get bored why not take a drive over and have a look at the track instead of slagging the idea off when you haven't even seen it with your own eye's

This was my reply:

Get bored now you are having a laugh.
We are all going to have fun and will do whether we are driving round the Ring or on the surrounding roads, and enjoying each others company
I dont recall anyone slagging of the idea of going to Spa.
What is boring is you keeping on about this years trip and how we could all save money by going to Spa. If we wanted to go to Spa we would may be next year others will who knows?

CJ did not mention any thing about the 'crack'.

I am of cause going for a laugh and the comradery (crack) hopefully this year will be more like the 1st year we went, which was brilliant fun apart from losing a couple of scoobs.

All I am saying is that going on the piss is certainly not one of my priorities. I dont drink very much (as I cant) call me a party pooper if you wish.

Having fun in the scoob with everyone in there vehicles is though.
No armco thanks,
Yes to good company Yes to a good crack Big yes to fun in the cars still cant get my head around sneeking down to the track At night pissed as a fart with a couple of spray can's. Really looking forward to that
I might try & change the ferry crossing back to Friday as i dont really fancy that drive in a new motor. Are we taking walky talkies? Sat night i will try & do the Ring & dinner if poss if im in the Evo. If im in the Saxo then just dinner please.

Last edited by Nige; 04-05-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Nige

Quote:
Did this happen due to you running secret stuff & big boost?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Are we taking walkie talkies? Sat night i will try & do the Ring & dinner if poss if im in the Evo. If im in the Saxo then just dinner please.
It will be good to have you with us on the Friday Nige.

I was going to take my walkie talkies.

I would like to go up to the Ring on the Saturday also.

Even if its just to see whats happening as it looks like from what Steve PPP was saying you might get on the new circuit.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Nige

To drive both would be a rare thing & a 15+ mile lap . It will either be ridiculously busy or people may think to miss it as it's only 2 hour's
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did this happen due to you running secret stuff & big boost?
Only 2.1 bar

If im not in the scoob i will be very drunk all the time
Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Crowman

It's each to their own I guess. That's the beauty of a good number of us going.
I'm still a big kid,the sneaking down and tagging the track makes me giggle, don't need to be drunk though
I'm taking my super hero outfit, heck, when else will I get to wear it
One thing I am doing this year is , more than 1 bloody lap

This year I also want to go and find different parts of track to watch, take pics.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Even if its just to see whats happening as it looks like from what Steve PPP was saying you might get on the new circuit.
Quote:
To drive both would be a rare thing & a 15+ mile lap . It will either be ridiculously busy or people may think to miss it as it's only 2 hour's
There was a thread on scoobynet over the weekend about the Ring and the owner of the Northloop forums was posting on it. Asked him about Sprintstrecke and he said they rarely open the link up between the two circuits. He said its usually the GP circuit opened up so that you can drive it, he thought it was 38 euros for 15-20 mins.

I asked if this was like a closed track day, or whether touristfahrten rules still apply and he wasn't sure, but did think the public road rules still did extend to the GP circuit in this case.

I quite fancy a go round there on the Saturday evening, but won't lose too much sleep over it if it doesn't work out.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
This year I also want to go and find different parts of track to watch, take pics.
Definately. Want to find some different places to last year. Adenauer Forst is meant to be good
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
worzel

Good to see us all back on track this morning.

The truth of the matter is, we are going to a steak house, it's not going to be best suits and frocks. So if anyone goes to the ring to give it a go, it won't be a problem turning up as you are I'm sure.

I am going to e-mail the restaurant and ask about putting it back an hour if I can. I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to give it a go if they can, myself included. I wouldn't entertain it if things are chockablock down there though, I would rather wait until we have all Sunday to get round there.

At the end of the day, we are not driving down there just for a beer, we want to do loads of things, and we are trying to offer as many different options as possible. Please add other options to the lists and we can then make a GROUP decision, it's a much better way than just arguing about things.

Ian, heres your cat.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Crowman

The truth of the matter is, we are going to a steak house, it's not going to be best suits and frocks. So if anyone goes to the ring to give it a go, it won't be a problem turning up as you are I'm sure.
super hero outfit ok?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Definately. Want to find some different places to last year. Adenauer Forst is meant to be good
Cool , count me in for a bit of exploring
Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

Now i have a better camera.. I'd be up for finding some photo spots