South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Photography Discussion

Photography Discussion All your photographic chit chat

Old 18-01-2015, 04:43 AM
Silver Member

Default nikon D3300

As I have always loved taking photos thought it was time a purchased a half decent camera. So brought this..

I know it's only entry level so go easy on me, but I love it, have always wanted to get in too photography. Have I chosen correctly?

Anybody had this camera?

Also where is the best place to buy a wide angle lense, standard it has a 18-55mm lense.
Old 18-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Gold Member

In my experience, Nikon and Canon are a bit like Impreza and Evo, in that objectively they're both very good, but people tend to plump for one and stick with it... even if they have a dalliance with the other at some point!

My family have always had Canon cameras, so that's what I went for (meant I could nab alternative lenses until I got my own!).

Mine is an entry level and it is capable of capturing good shots (even with me at the controls) so I'd say it's a good choice to cut your teeth with.

If you get into it further and outgrow the camera you can splash the cash. If you think modifying gets pricey quickly, photography isn't much better. You can spend thousands!
Old 18-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Gold Member

Brought exactly the same camera,even the same colour, a few months ago for the same reason. Waiting for better weather so I can get out and experiment.
Old 19-01-2015, 02:19 AM
Silver Member

Love this camera, I knew there was more to taking photos but did not realise you could go so in depth. Really love it. Want to get a tripod next and maybe a 55-200mm lense
Old 19-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Regular User

I got the D3200 for christmas and I think its great, I upgraded from the P500 bridge. There is no substitute for good optics, you can still get amazing photos from a entry level camera with an expensive lens attached, you get what you pay for with lenses, my mate just bought a £1000 lens for his canon and the clarity is amazing. The main reason I upgraded is for the long exposure times, up to 30 secs, so I can connect the camera to my telescope, i'm pretty impressed with the results so far, but have a lot to learn still.
P1 #0923
Old 19-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Gold Member

What exrtas do you need to connect camera to a telescope?
Old 19-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
What exrtas do you need to connect camera to a telescope?
A T-ring adapter at the correct diameter for your scopes eye piece and a T-ring for your brand of camera.
P1 #0923
Old 19-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Regular User

I had to compress this image to upload it so the quality has been lost, but here is an image of comet lovejoy taken last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comet Lovejoy1.jpg (66.9 KB, 13 views)
P1 #0923
Old 21-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Silver Member

Very nice mate, just trying to get my head around apiture, shutter speed and iso combination at the moment
Old 21-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Regular User

Yes me too, its a bit of trial and error.
P1 #0923