South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 05-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

Default Bugeye sti hid into wrx.

Any members on here done this conversion with the jdm version and have a wiring diagram that I could follow?
Regards Benji
Old 05-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

555_Si did it on his bug Wagon many moons ago, think Nick had them in his Bug as well.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Hopefully there's a guide around . Morrettes are in ATM but not really looked into how there wired in yet Or even look at the hid projectors either but gathered wouldn't go straight in.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I had them in the bugeye but I used a conversion loom which is no longer available which also fixed the levelling function as well. Mine were also wired so the indicators were the side lights and vice versa
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 06-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

Was this the loom kit form the the guy in Canada ?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Also any one know what a good condition set of bug morrettes go for now?.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Mine was from a guy who went by the username of WagonsHo on scoobynet it came from a company called Chang fo imports I think. The key thing is to make sure that you earth the Ballasts to a fixed point rather than the switched earth in the loom so they stay on with high beam otherwise you get total darkness for a second when coming off high beam
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 06-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB View Post
Mine was from a guy who went by the username of WagonsHo on scoobynet it came from a company called Chang fo imports I think. The key thing is to make sure that you earth the Ballasts to a fixed point rather than the switched earth in the loom so they stay on with high beam otherwise you get total darkness for a second when coming off high beam
Awesome thank you
Old 06-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB View Post
The key thing is to make sure that you earth the Ballasts to a fixed point rather than the switched earth in the loom so they stay on with high beam otherwise you get total darkness for a second when coming off high beam
I found this out the hard way when fitting HIDs to my morettes!
Old 06-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1459296
Not sure if this is applicable to your post but mentioning as on a pre ring check an enquiry was made on mine without headlight washers mine could be a failure. Turns out fitted in Japan with pictures to prove so mine ok without the washers.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

I'm using jdm headlights not the U.K. version so the hid are factory build into the headlights so I'm not sure if that counts the new rule. I need to sit down with headlights out and start working it all out. So much to bits to get on with ATM,