South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 20-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Default Tactrix 2.0 and ECUFlash issues on 05 Legacy

Morning,

Do any or our resident experts have any idea why ECUFlash will not read the base map from my ECU - It will connect to the ECU but times out when reading. I have found out I need to connect the 'green connectors' however it appears my car has two sets, one in the passenger footwell and one behind the kick panel on the drivers side - the connectors on the passenger side do not appear to do anything no CEL or cycling of fans etc. when connected.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 20-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Should have some under steering column and sometimes the join in the passenger footwell behind the left kick plate trim are disconnected. So this needs reconnecting
Old 20-04-2018, 12:26 PM

Cheers Scott

So if I'm right I need both connected to read/flash and if I disconnect either I have broken the circuit so only one needs to be disconnected to go back to normal mode?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 20-04-2018, 12:41 PM

Yes. Both connected to read.
Then just disconnect the one under the steering wheel when done.
I'm not sure if you also need the white jumper block to flash or the other blue spade block.
If your drive by wire you shouldn't need it much like a Hawkeye.
Old 20-04-2018, 12:44 PM

Jumper blocks can be seen here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202235664593
Old 20-04-2018, 12:49 PM

Cheers,

Think I'm OK without the jumper as it's DBW and uses the same protocols as the Hawkeye to communicate with the ECU. I'll probably use the passenger footwell as the changeable connector as my drivers side blocks appear to be behind the kick panel so are a bit awkward to get to. I'll give it another go this afternoon then hopefully I can start getting the car mapped!
Old 20-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Drivers side should be up behind steering wheel. Sometimes they are tucked quite high and connected prior to PDI.
If the mechanic can't find them they tend to disconnect the other pair instead.