South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 19-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Gold Member

Default didz car

got my car back friday,will put some better pics up after ive given it a good clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 255 (1280x853).jpg (94.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 259 (853x1280).jpg (95.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 265 (1280x853).jpg (92.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Gold Member

update on car,car broke down the day i got the car, gearbox playing up 12 pages of fault codes.in dealers for 2 weeks,reprogramed the gearbox and back on the road for 2 weeks,went away last weekend london/hastings and gearbox started playing up again,put on break down lorry and back to dealer.more fault codes wanted 2 reprogram it again,i said gearbox is f...ed so wont be taking it back unless i get a new one. top tech guys come back today and said yes it needs a new gearbox,which could take up too 2 months to get (£10,000+labour) so no transport till fixed.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Jesus, bet you're glad thats under warranty!!

At a guess, the previous owner must have known about it, cleared the fault codes and chopped it in as a part-ex....
Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Jesus, bet you're glad thats under warranty!!

At a guess, the previous owner must have known about it, cleared the fault codes and chopped it in as a part-ex....
thats wot i think steve, owner or main dealer cleared faults. i extended my warranty last week because main manufactors runs out at end of this month.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

I'd be handing it back and getting another car

and as it was obviously a fault on the car when you purchased it, I would be having a courtesy car whilst that one was being repaired at the very least!!

£10k+labour!! just hope you keep a warranty for the rest of your ownership....
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
I'd be handing it back and getting another car

and as it was obviously a fault on the car when you purchased it, I would be having a courtesy car whilst that one was being repaired at the very least!!

£10k+labour!! just hope you keep a warranty for the rest of your ownership....
did think about it,but not sure how i stand. as for courtesy car they dont do them with handcontrols,so iam f...ed for 2months.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Gold Member

update on car. well i got my car back last week after having a brand new tc-sst gearbox fitted and the car is like a dream,so smooth and ultra quick gear shifts.going to get the fell of the car first before i start playing with the paddle shifts.
Old 29-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Nige

Good man Didz. That gearchange when working is like a bike so quick! Enjoy mate. Two months off the road is a long time. Hope It stays reliable for you buddy.
Old 29-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Silver Member

Nice one Paul and as above Nige said,hope it stays reliable for you

Looking for more pics

Jura
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Gold Member

my new wheels and my car drove like a dream to hastings and back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0125.jpg (95.9 KB, 15 views)