South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
admin

Default R888's

What are these like in the wet?

I know / imagine they are very good in the dry, but what are they like on wet / damp roads? ok, as good as others, or dangerous as ****?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Crowman

****in dangerous mate
Steve will tell you about his lap in Germany in the wet
Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

As someone who has used them alot... when upto temp there not bad in the wet aslong as you dont hit standing water

Louie on Surrey had them on at brands and had no problems in the pissing down rain... was in the gravel earlier but with yoko pradas on, the 888's were better in the wet then them
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
As someone who has used them alot... when upto temp there not bad in the wet aslong as you dont hit standing water

Louie on Surrey had them on at brands and had no problems in the pissing down rain... was in the gravel earlier but with yoko pradas on, the 888's were better in the wet then them
Really suprised to hear your comments James,as Nige and Steve had to tip toe around the Ring in the wet.

I have to say my Prada 2's are not great in the wet.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Ive driven on them for a whole winter on my RA

The ring is a totally different place with the ammount of oil layed down with all the performance cars gunning it full blast...even i nearly came off with my tyres what are fantastic in the wet on the road
Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Bronze Member

It also depends how much tread is left new the wet weather performance is very good, when thay are well worn life can be intresting
Old 13-09-2010, 08:52 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Ive driven on them for a whole winter on my RA

The ring is a totally different place with the ammount of oil layed down with all the performance cars gunning it full blast...even i nearly came off with my tyres what are fantastic in the wet on the road
This is interesting mate. I have actually found them ok when driven in the wet back at home, but then I haven't really pushed it in the wet.

You could well be right about the ring. The amount of oil and general debris on that track will turn it into a skating rink at the first sign of rain.

Mike L, the last Brands Hatch Open Pit Lane day you did (that I know of) it pissed down, and you had 888's on then didn't you? It looked like you weren't hanging around.

In answer to the question Ron, I love them Even more gutted about not going to the driver training day now, as it looks like a drop of rain will be about and could have tested the 888's.
Old 13-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
This is interesting mate. I have actually found them ok when driven in the wet back at home, but then I haven't really pushed it in the wet.

You could well be right about the ring. The amount of oil and general debris on that track will turn it into a skating rink at the first sign of rain.

Mike L, the last Brands Hatch Open Pit Lane day you did (that I know of) it pissed down, and you had 888's on then didn't you? It looked like you weren't hanging around.

In answer to the question Ron, I love them Even more gutted about not going to the driver training day now, as it looks like a drop of rain will be about and could have tested the 888's.
mike had racing wets on
Old 13-09-2010, 12:35 PM
worzel

That'll be why he was rapid then
Old 13-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
That'll be why he was rapid then
I reckon the 560+bhp he was running at the time probably had a lot to do with that!!

The racing wets probably had more to do with why he wasn't in the kitty litter!