South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Chassis Tuning

Chassis Tuning It's All About The Twisties

Old 29-08-2012, 07:45 AM

Default Bugeye wrx wagon

I've been looking into freshening the suspension on my wagon. Am I correct in thinking the wagon requires different shocks and springs to the saloon?

I want to upgrade to sti or similar springs and shocks rates, as don't want coil over or anything too harsh. Can anyone recommend anything? Adjustable shocks an option as may do odd track day.

Thanks.
Old 29-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

The wagon shocks are different to saloon, yes. I would assume the springs are the same though.

I'd recommend uprating the standard shocks to KYB Ultra SR's if you don't want to go the coilover route.

Personally, i wouldn't bother with the STI springs - i went from WRX to STI springs on my standard shocks and there wasn't that much of a difference. Get a set of Prodrive or Eibach springs and they are a much better improvement.

I've done half a dozen track sessions on Prodrive springs/ Ultra SR shocks now with no problems at all
Old 29-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Silver Member

Yes struts are different on the wagons and saloons,but you can fit from saloon struts on the wagon,we are running saloon HSD HR coilovers on the our wagon

If you want little bit more comfortable driving would suggest as Steve said,KYB Ultra SR's with Eibach,Tein or Pi springs(we are run Pi springs before and they has been spotless),if ts budget KYB AGX or Bilstein struts will be good choice

About the coilovers,we are running as I said HSD HR,which are firmer than KYB or standard struts/springs combo,BC seems are OK too or Tein which is good upgrade too.

If its budget,would have look for KW

Jura
Old 29-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

I have had Eibach with standard springs which were good upgrade then when for BC,s which I did not like one bit just to hard and jumpy on bumpy roads could not wait to change them, now I have KW"s 3 and love my car again as they work on all roads
Old 30-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Thanks guys, I have kw v3's on the golf r32, bit over the top for everyday scooby.

Will look at Kyb ultras with eibachs I think, as I know eibach do wagon specific springs.

Went tomjap performance in Crawley today and yesterday, already got sti 8 clocks and steering wheel, much better with rev counter in middle and bonus of shift light and buzzer. Amazed at how much wrx and sti clocks both over read speed. My vw is almost spot on,