South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Photography Discussion

Photography Discussion All your photographic chit chat

Old 24-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

Default got a new camera at last !!

finay got a new camera:-

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...nepix_s2000hd/

nothin amazing, but it's decent enough for my needs, and does HD video.

i'm due to go on holiday with my daughter soon to Paignton near Torquay so needed a new camera. Apart from the usual holiday snaps, I will be keeping an eye out for scenic locations to take pictures of the scoob. against sunset backgrounds on clifftops etc and things like that. i'll post anything decent enough when i get back.
Old 25-07-2010, 12:43 PM
worzel

Mate, the Fuji Finepix is IMHO the best bridge camera you can get. And it has good "non auto" setting to give you a creative edge. It has all of the same range as a DSLR (Manual / Aperture Priority / Shutter Priority) plus the usual compact settings like portrait / macro / Night time etc.

You have made a very fine choice mate
Old 25-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Silver Member

yeah the ability to manualy change shutter speed, apature and go to ISO6400 was what made me chose this camera. although i dont have any experience with playing with those settings yet, my father was in 2 photography when i was a kid and had an expensive SLR, so i understand what those setings do. i just ned to play around with them and learn what seting work for different environmnts.
and the auto settings like potrait and sport seem to provide decent enough pictures when i wanna be lazy and just point and click.
Old 25-07-2010, 01:37 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Sample pics please
Old 25-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

What's a "bridge" camera Steve?
Old 25-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Silver Member

1st picture is on auto setting for flowers:-

2nd piture is me playing around with the ISO, shutter speed and apature:-

it took me a few goes to get a decent picture with manual settings as i have no experience with manual settings, but the seond one was the best of the manual shots i did.

IMO the auto setting did a better job of capturing the colours and my manual settings shows the centre of the flower a little more crisply. i could photoshop the manual picture and brighten the colours up to be more like the auto setting photo
Old 26-07-2010, 09:47 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
What's a "bridge" camera Steve?
It's a camera that bridges the gap between a Compact and a DSLR. It gives you features from both in one package, but without interchangable lenses.

Without looking, I imagine Andy's Finepix is about 24mm - 300mm in its focal range, so it covers a lot. And from what andy said earlier in the thread, with an ISO up to 6400 it will have good low light capabilities.

If anyone wanted a good camera, but didn't want to go DSLR, there is no better choice than the Finepix IMHO.
Old 26-07-2010, 09:50 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Nice one. Great quality pics
Old 26-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
....Without looking, I imagine Andy's Finepix is about 24mm - 300mm in its focal range....

"Equipped with 15x optical zoom lens, a broad range of focal lengths from wide 27.6 mm to super-telephoto 414mm* could be covered.

* Equivalent on a 35mm camera "
Old 26-07-2010, 01:13 PM
worzel

414mm, thats impressive

Have you tried it out at that focal length?
Old 26-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

not yet. ive only had a little play with it so far. I need to sit n read the manual but no doubt i'll use that length at somepoint on holiday
Old 26-07-2010, 01:19 PM
worzel

Cool

I reckon it'll do the job pretty bloody well.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Good pics mate youll have to do some more
Old 27-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Silver Member

i plan 2. goin 2 devon on friday for a week so when i return there will either be a few nice pics of the car against scenic backgrounds, or there will be pictures of me stabbing the car wiv a screwdriver cuz it broke down lol
Old 28-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Gold Member

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S8000fd and find it's an excellent camera, only went over to DSLR because i found it wasn't quite enough zoom for what i wanted.