South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 27-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Default Call of Duty.

Got the final bit of my outfit this morning. We all normally dress up at work for big releases, and open at midnight. Modern Warfare 2 is going to be BIG...

But is my outfit too much....lol

Full NBC suit, unused, taken out of a vac pak. Full flack jacket, with front and back kevlar. New Finish Army gasmask, a copy of the current US Army equipment, Unused current issue boots, Woodland Camo elbow and Knee patches.
Old 27-10-2009, 08:42 PM
worzel

I do hope you are going to wear that while playing the game too.
Old 27-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Bronze Member

either that or someones been eating curry again
Old 27-10-2009, 11:32 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

"E" I think he found that mask you were looking for!!!
Old 28-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

Nice one buddy, what you like Jamie
Old 31-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

I cant wait for the new call of duty, Ive just prestiged for the 6th time on COD5 WAW, currentley ranked about 48 thousand out of around 6 mill players, such a geek i know but what a game!!!!!!!!!
Old 31-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular User

ive been on full prestige 10-65 for ages and im bored of it now witha a Kill to death ratio of 2, cant wait for warefare 2 had it pre ordered for months!!!
Old 31-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

10 days to go....

And its all about the 'painstreaks' now...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Gold Member

7 days to go....
Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Gold Member

6 days to go...

And for those no interested in CoD, on Friday you have

Rabbids Go Home
Singstar Take That ( ??? Why.... )
Ghostbusters on 360 at last
Dragon Age
Band Hero ( Same as Guitar hero, but less Rock, more pop )

And for Worzel..16 days to go. Black or White though?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 AM
worzel

Black
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Bronze Member

Cmon modern warfare 2, i own at the original.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Gold Member

Well....OMFG.

Got most of our stock today. To say this could be the biggest game ever is a bit of a understatement..

Put it this way recent weeks we saw

Forza 300 units
Fifa 350 units
Pro 175 units
Shift 125 units

Ready for it..

Cod ( just on 360 ) 1000 units...fook me!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 AM
worzel

AC2! Nothing else matters!!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
AC2! Nothing else matters!!!!!
True! gonna be some good hard gaming going on over crimbo!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
worzel

Oh god yes!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Gold Member

Well, its today. Im working till 1.00 tomorrow morning for those that want it at Midnight...
Old 09-11-2009, 12:01 PM
worzel

Mine has been sent out by Play.com.

Hope it gets here ok
Old 09-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Silver Member

I never order games from Play.com, you wont receive it until a few days after release, I buy them in store or at Gameplay online as you receive them on the release day.
And Steve, get ONLINE!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular User

Got my copy today. Just got to get home and play it. I wonder if the boss would notice if I left early?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Silver Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...fare-price-war

Lol, going to Sainsbury's tomorrow to get mine for £26, result.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Silver Member

Got mine this morning from Sainsburys, £26, happy days
Old 14-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Gold Member

Well? What does everyone think?

I saw the oddest thing on xbox live the other day, everyone on my list was playing it!!

Multiplayer is as good as expected, but single player has blown me away. I haven't played a game in single player mode thats just grabbed me by the gonads this much since I played the first halo years ago.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post

I saw the oddest thing on xbox live the other day, everyone on my list was playing it!!

Multiplayer is as good as expected, but single player has blown me away. I haven't played a game in single player mode thats just grabbed me by the gonads this much since I played the first halo years ago.

Only played single player so far as internet is very good so far!
Old 14-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Gold Member

online game play is imense... single player..hhhuumm bit over rated i feel..graphics are tight..game play is not as good as i was expecting (allthough it was going to be hard to compare with operation flashpoint...for realism) but spec ops missions are quality!!!xbox all the way!!!nearly
munk

Last edited by munk; 14-11-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 14-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Loved the single player campaign, clever twist and great set pieces - just getting into the online side, doing lot's of co-op special ops and bits as well though!
Old 15-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Single player is the nuts with some rather shocking scenes and gameplay!! Just completed it on the hardest setting veteran!! but i will say it wasnt as hard as modern warfare on vet.

Right on with the multiplayer and co-op, Will say though im not sure i like the new maps there HUGE and i dont know them so i get blatted from a few unexpected places, airports pretty cool though!
Old 15-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Nige

I may need a little help here. For the guys in the know how much can i get a PS3 for? I would like call of duty to.
Old 15-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I may need a little help here. For the guys in the know how much can i get a PS3 for? I would like call of duty to.
Nige , admit it you just want to dress up.
Old 15-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Nige , admit it you just want to dress up.
Damm it bloody bloke cant keep a secret
Old 15-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Silver Member

I am enjoying the Single player campaign, but it has killed my Xbox!! Got the 'ring-of-death' (to all those who dont know, it is not something i caught on a night out in Brighton) and have to do the '3 Towel Trick' everytime i want to play it. Going to order a 360 Elite. I dont play the online MW 2 as i dont think it is that good, didnt enjoy online on any of the other call of duty's either.
Old 15-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Paul View Post
I am enjoying the Single player campaign, but it has killed my Xbox!! Got the 'ring-of-death' (to all those who dont know, it is not something i caught on a night out in Brighton) and have to do the '3 Towel Trick' everytime i want to play it. Going to order a 360 Elite. I dont play the online MW 2 as i dont think it is that good, didnt enjoy online on any of the other call of duty's either.
The red ring eh, bloody machines!!! Im on my 5th xbox, 3 standard whites and 2 black elites, dont be fooled by the elites 'better uprated cooling' ive heard so many that conk out after a year, mmmmm????.
Its like there programmed to break just after your warranty is over!
The wrap up in a towel trick does work but over time it stops working.
I have an elite thats dead and i know the fault but just cant bothered to strip it down so im using my repaired white one, but if that goes ill just buy a bog standard machine and pop on my 120gb hard drive, or i might even go over to playstation.
Old 15-11-2009, 01:37 PM

My playstation works and always has done!!!
Old 15-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Nige

I take it the Playstation is the one to get then? Is callof duty compatible? Is the new playstation controler the same sort of set up as the ps11?
Old 15-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I take it the Playstation is the one to get then? Is callof duty compatible? Is the new playstation controler the same sort of set up as the ps11?
Call of duty is out on playstation also nige, not sure how easy it is to set up the online gaming on PS but im sure a fellow PS gamer on here will light the way, Xbox on line is so easy to set up but the machines are unreliable after a year or so!! plus playstation doubles up as a blue ray dvd player!! I think the playstation is free for on line gaming were as xbox charge 40 notes a year, Im seriously thinking of getting one!
Old 15-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

We dont get discounts on machines as there's no margin in them anyway. A PS3 Slim 120gig with CoD is £274.99, or if you want a 250gig, its £304.99 with Uncharted 2 and CoD.

Our prices are the same as Game, and allways similar to HMV etc etc. The bonus with us is, we never let a deal walk away,which means we can cut corners and discount slightly here and there. So just get yourself into your local Gamestation as tell them exactly what you want.

Or wait untill Friday this week and get CoD and Ass 2.
Old 15-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Gold Member

The brand new Elites ( in the silver box, rather than the black box ) have the brand new ( jasper ) chip set, so run cooler and quieter, and in theory, should never Red light. We've had them a while now, and not had one back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
The red ring eh, bloody machines!!! Im on my 5th xbox, 3 standard whites and 2 black elites, dont be fooled by the elites 'better uprated cooling' ive heard so many that conk out after a year, mmmmm????.
Its like there programmed to break just after your warranty is over!
The wrap up in a towel trick does work but over time it stops working.
I have an elite thats dead and i know the fault but just cant bothered to strip it down so im using my repaired white one, but if that goes ill just buy a bog standard machine and pop on my 120gb hard drive, or i might even go over to playstation.
Old 15-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
HI
MY boy has had his ps3 since it come out never had any problems and has the new call of duty and plays well and connects easy online and yes free to go online on ps3 and yes controllers virtually the same set up as ps 2.
Old 16-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The brand new Elites ( in the silver box, rather than the black box ) have the brand new ( jasper ) chip set, so run cooler and quieter, and in theory, should never Red light. We've had them a while now, and not had one back yet.
Good news there, its about time they sorted them!! If my repaired white one goes down ill be in contact for a silver boxed one for sure!!!
Old 16-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Nige

Quote:
Good news there, its about time they sorted them!! If my repaired white one goes down ill be in contact for a silver boxed one for sure!!!
I really dont get this Majorscoob! If you have had all this trouble with the 360 why would you buy another? If it was me after the first one/two went up the spout i would of been over to the ps3 After now reading plenty of reports and reviews it wll be the Sony
Old 16-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Regular User

Hesitated about replying but.....I have real mixed feeling about games like this
Here is an excerpt from a place I know very well in real life

Not knocking you guys at all - as the graphics are amazing, the technology behind this is very impressive and it looks very exciting to play. But for young generations it turns war into a game and doesnt portray the reality of what modern ordance does to someone, the levels of brutality people decend to and how war lives on in these places years after.

I know people who have many of their familys wiped out.
We regualrly have to watch where we put our feet - many mines about in places where they can not be retrieved and booby traps - anything with wires or old bits of abandoned electronics stay well clear. My girlfriends uncle had his head blown off by a sniper whilst trying to get food to old people...it gets far far worse than that...... but I wont go there -the list is endless etc etc etc. The intensity of the combat in these places was unreal - I might post some of my pics up. (Nothing gruesome)

So not a personal knock at anyone - I can really see and appreciate the appeal of it all. But it cushions younger people from the realities - which in my eyes is really dangerous for the world. But hey its the unreal world most live in I suppose.

The other side of the coin is that this level of techonolgy can help save lives. My best buddy I went drinking with on Sat - trains many of the world armies in how to survive ambush/combat situations and he uses virtual reality technology (think of it as this game x 20 with real life combat situations which he throw at theses guys on the fly).
Governments will always stick troops into wars and I suppose this kind of technology gives green recurits through to the very experienced US marine the opportunity to get it wrong once. It undoubtly saves lives.

Not knocking anyone...just my views on it all

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by brightonmunich; 16-11-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling isnt my strong point :)
Old 16-11-2009, 12:10 PM
worzel

Thats a very elequent and well thought out reply.

Sometimes gamers do come in for some uncalled for stick, because we like to play games like this. I enjoy playing games like this as do many others and as a rule can see the "fantasy" side of these kind of RPG games.

But I do agree that they do de-sensitize the truths and absolute horrors of real war. And tragic consequences that war brings.

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say, my mere words cannot express the gratitude we feel for what our armed forces have to go through, to keep this country a safe and free thinking place to live in. Where we can all openly express our opinions without fear of any kind of retribution.

Regards
Steve
Old 16-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Thats a very elequent and well thought out reply.

Sometimes gamers do come in for some uncalled for stick, because we like to play games like this. I enjoy playing games like this as do many others and as a rule can see the "fantasy" side of these kind of RPG games.

But I do agree that they do de-sensitize the truths and absolute horrors of real war. And tragic consequences that war brings.

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say, my mere words cannot express the gratitude we feel for what our armed forces have to go through, to keep this country a safe and free thinking place to live in. Where we can all openly express our opinions without fear of any kind of retribution.

Regards
Steve
Agree - We do have basic freedoms here in the UK which are very precious and not a reality for many other people on this planet.
Cheers
Steve
Old 16-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
not sure how easy it is to set up the online gaming on PS but im sure a fellow PS gamer on here will light the way, I think the playstation is free for on line gaming
It's very hard to set up, i had to plug in a cable and switch on the PS3 and away i went

Yes online gaming is totally free on the PS3
Old 16-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
It's very hard to set up, i had to plug in a cable and switch on the PS3 and away i went

Yes online gaming is totally free on the PS3
I had to type in my wireless key, this was actually harder than planned as I'd forgotten it!
Old 17-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I really dont get this Majorscoob! If you have had all this trouble with the 360 why would you buy another? If it was me after the first one/two went up the spout i would of been over to the ps3 After now reading plenty of reports and reviews it wll be the Sony
The only reason nige i have had five is that i have managed to change them just inside my warrenty period with the GAME store, also free repairs from xbox. But now if the elite goes bust after the warrenty period xbox wont repair it for free, they say minimum cost could be a £100. I shall be getting a PS but i have so many friends on xbox live that i talk to so ill always need one.
Old 17-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
But now if the elite goes bust after the warrenty period xbox wont repair it for free, they say minimum cost could be a £100.
IRC you should be covered for the RROD (3 red lights), Microsoft extended the warranty on this failure to 3 years.
Old 18-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Silver Member

Just bought the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Super Elite Ltd Edition from Game, 250gb hard drive, 2 controllers and the latest motherboard and chipset, awesome piece of kit!

Paul
Old 28-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Just completed it on PC.

The end "credits" sequence is just totally awesome.

In a different league than anything seen before.
Old 29-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

Anybody prestiged yet??? im currently level 60 online, my eyes are hurting with all the concentration!