South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 15-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Bronze Member

Default VSCC Pomeroy Trophy, today

Back to the scene of the end of my Impreza wagon, unscathed so far in the Eunos! Couple of Scoobies entered, a classic Type RA, and a blob STI. And that beast of a GTR!

Last edited by boggissimo; 16-02-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 15-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Bronze Member

To take part what license do you have to have? Looks like great fun.

Best of luck this year mate! 😁

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Old 15-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post
To take part what license do you have to have? Looks like great fun.

Best of luck this year mate! 😁

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Thanks, kept it out of the wall so far! You need a race licence to enter, because even though it's a time trial, this afternoon there will be multiple cars on track at the same time. My target is to complete 10 laps in under 40 minutes... Will see if storm Dennis can be overcome!
Old 15-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Cool, keep us posted.
Old 16-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Bronze Member

The weather got wilder for the afternoon session, it wasn't too wet to start with but then started getting heavy and I aquaplaned into a couple of spins, thankfully nowhere near any walls or gravel! In the session after mine, there were cars spinning off all over the place (including a proper 1967 Ford GT40 - he did it twice in the same spot on consecutive laps and then retired!).

I won't be getting an award this year but the outcome is still better than 2019! Videos will come soon.

The guy in the blob STI was leading the last session and got the fastest times in some of the earlier sessions. It was a 2.1 stroker, didn't get to talk to the guy about it unfortunately but he was driving it very well. With the handicapping system is unlikely he'll win but he should be well up at the top of the results.
Old 17-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Bronze Member

A few laps here, including a spin
https://youtu.be/oIur4vjeQ1Y
Old 17-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
A few laps here, including a spin
https://youtu.be/oIur4vjeQ1Y
Looked good..

What tyres were you running?

Time to get your name down on the Ring trip
Old 18-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member

Tyres are Toyo Proxes T1R, I wasn't sure what they'd be like in the wet but they were actually OK until there was a lot of standing water. The later session was even wetter than mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iNr1PUGa9c
Old 18-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Bronze Member

https://www.vscc.co.uk/page/news?newsItemID=1376

"The 65th Pomeroy Trophy; Subaru Impresses at Silverstone

Monday 17 February 2020

Silverstone was very wet and very windy but it wasn't enough to put off the annual VSCC Pomeroy Trophy. Despite the impending Storm Dennis over 100 entries headed to Silverstone last Saturday for the annual tests of speed, braking and agility that make up the Pomeroy Trophy event.

Provisional Results for 2020 show that the best car on the day was the Subaru Impreza driven by John Felstead. Close behind and 2nd overall was Jason Kennedy in his 1993 Nissan Skyline GTR. Pomeroy stalwart and previous winner Patrick Blakeney-Edwards took the Densham Trophy and 3rd overall in his Frazer Nash Saloon.

As ever we cannot thank the Marshals and Officials from both the VSCC and Silverstone enough for their expertise, endurance and dedication throughout the day on Saturday. "
Old 18-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Bronze Member

Just goes to show, I could have won it if it had been raining last year!