South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Bronze Member

Default squadron leaders wagon detail

i was asked a few months back if i could do some paint correction work on this impreza wagon so it all started 04.30 thursday morning due to it being a fair distance from were i lived finnaly arrived at around 7am started by cleaning the wheels with bilberry 5:1 then foamed the car using bh autofaom an a mix of apc let soak for 5 min then rinsed re faomed an left to soak for another 3min then rinsed an washed with 2bm using dodo btbm shampoo, car was left wet due to claying with bh soft clay , car then re washed as above an dried using time to dry an sn drying towel, assesed the paint work an got a few paint readings which were all very similar, so on with the polishing out came the g220 an a megs polishing pad and some menz p0106fa which worked fine for 90% of the car the finish was good but i still finished with a finishing pad an some 85rd, then wiped down the car with ipa an waxed with dodo sn whilst the wax was curing i cleaned the glass with ag fast glass an dressed the tyres with megs hotshine an all trim with pb natural look dressing all in all i spent 16 hours start to finish

Old 06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Nice job there Dazzler!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

very nice work there mate good to see another detailer on here, i can appreciate how long it takes to do a car because of some of the ones ive done but it feels really satisfying once you start to see the 50/50 shots and get the final after shots. whats the dodo range like to use, i normally use chemicial guys or poorboys, not really sure why i havent tried dodo i just started off with them, and because i found them excellent to work with i just stuck with them, gotta love the g220 too its so easy to use and safer than using a rotary, but in saying that i bought myself a silverline rotary but been too scared to use it so far , ill post up some of my details soon, just got to sort out some final bits with worzel first
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
very nice work there mate good to see another detailer on here, i can appreciate how long it takes to do a car because of some of the ones ive done but it feels really satisfying once you start to see the 50/50 shots and get the final after shots. whats the dodo range like to use, i normally use chemicial guys or poorboys, not really sure why i havent tried dodo i just started off with them, and because i found them excellent to work with i just stuck with them, gotta love the g220 too its so easy to use and safer than using a rotary, but in saying that i bought myself a silverline rotary but been too scared to use it so far , ill post up some of my details soon, just got to sort out some final bits with worzel first
hello mate the dodo range is great to be honest there is not one product i have of theres that has ever failed to satisfy me an i have almost everythin they do lol, the good thing with dodo stuff is that it is fun to use too an smells good, chemical guys an poorboys are both in my collection an are great products as for the g220 yes it is safer than a rotary but will not give the level of correction a rotary will and it will also take longer with the g220.
i polished up the front wing of a porsche cayenne with a rotary an it is so much quicker so im just gonna order myself a kestrel

check out my thread of my impreza here although for some reason the pics are not working now ???????
http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=1596
Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Now that is nice.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Bronze Member

Thumbs up

Darren...

Top man. Thanks for posting the detail like this A few pics would have done.

All...

Anyone who was at Japbash would have seen it at the head of the Wgn Sqn Vulcan formation. Looked fantastic when the sun came out!

Just got to get the engine bay sorted now... one for the winter me thinks.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

wicked detail on the black impreza mate, looks stunning, i had a go with my silverline but time wasnt really on myside so i didnt want to rush it so imo it dosent really count as a real go lol, i did have a look at the kestral but the silverline had a bigger pack that went with it, yeah unfortunatly the g220 does take abit longer, most of my details have been done with the g220 or by hand, i have been tempted by the dodo range espically with my impreza now, i was looking at the dodo colour charge wax, think thats what its called, it cost around £40 and is a dark blue wax on the pot they did do a complete sample pack at one point but every time ive gone to buy it, it's sold out, i have been tempted by the swisswax too but how does it compare to petes53?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
wicked detail on the black impreza mate, looks stunning, i had a go with my silverline but time wasnt really on myside so i didnt want to rush it so imo it dosent really count as a real go lol, i did have a look at the kestral but the silverline had a bigger pack that went with it, yeah unfortunatly the g220 does take abit longer, most of my details have been done with the g220 or by hand, i have been tempted by the dodo range espically with my impreza now, i was looking at the dodo colour charge wax, think thats what its called, it cost around £40 and is a dark blue wax on the pot they did do a complete sample pack at one point but every time ive gone to buy it, it's sold out, i have been tempted by the swisswax too but how does it compare to petes53?
to be honest ive not used Petes wax so can't compare the dodo samples are ideal you can do around 30 cars fiesta size with one pot if you apply thinly but to be honest you won't be dissapointed well I'd be surprised if you was with any of there stuff where do you buy from as I no some good places that stock it nearly all the time
daz
Old 26-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Regular User

Very nice i all so have a greenwagon