South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > New Members (first thread here please)

New Members (first thread here please) New members introduce yourself to our existing members here.

Old 19-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Regular User

Default Hello all from an SDR owner...again

Looks like my posts have got lost in the ether so posting up to say hello again.

A quick update on the storm for those that caught the last posts I made. Just putting the finishing touches to the storm hopefully in time for the modified live event at Brands Hatch. a couple of images below

It is more complete than it looks in the above image!! the front panels are removed to bleed the brakes and allow access around the car as room is tight

Engine cover fitted with Dzus fasteners (a right pain to fit) current jobs iinclude lining the cover with heatshield and fitting the air intake which butts against the front of the engine cover.

Hopefully catch up at Brands
Old 19-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Gold Member

They were trying to get rid of you Mike lol
Old 19-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
They were trying to get rid of you Mike lol
A bit drastic Ian, just ask me nicely and I'll pee off.. lol
Old 19-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Regular User

I was nearly up to 10 posts as well, so I could almost access the for sale section. Have to post some more again.
Old 28-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Regular User

Working hard to make it presentable for the modified live show on the 8th promised the kent scooby crew that it'll be on the stand

Image below shows the modified cut out to allow the seat to go back on its runners, had to cut the two seats and centre panel then make good. Had two new base cushions made up and delivered to day to finish it off. The paint work is not brilliant the plan is to pop it round classic workshop for Stu to sort out properly one day. Quite fancy the iridescent yellow on the latest renaults

Old 29-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Gold Member

That's coming along well mate!!! Hope it goes as good as it looks
Old 29-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
That's coming along well mate!!! Hope it goes as good as it looks
Thanks munk, Its runnng a standard wrx setup at present, so it'll be running close to 300bhp per tonne. Once its all working I'll swap out the motor for a forged unit with a VF48 which should give it a bit more shove, at just under 500bhp a tonne.
Old 29-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Crowman

Hi and Welcome back.
Unfortunately SES has had update issues and we have lost approx 12 months data, although behind the scenes we are working hard to recover everything.

The car looks stunning, looking forward to seeing it at brands
Old 29-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the club mate.

Nice looking piece !!
Old 30-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Regular User

Thanks Crowman and Skullfudge, its the frst time I've done anything like this, though I've always had an interest in cars it always took a back seat to women and beer, the woman novelty has eventually worn off and I don't drink anymore!! They all make you skint though. Hopefully I've done the car some justice, look forward to meeting up and getting some feedback on it.
Old 30-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Gold Member

thats a wicked ride you have B33fy,love the seats.would look nice with the front panel missing in 1st pic painted black aswell.
Old 30-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart didz View Post
thats a wicked ride you have B33fy,love the seats.would look nice with the front panel missing in 1st pic painted black aswell.
Like this? Here's an early image;

Last edited by B33fy; 30-06-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 30-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33fy View Post
Like this? Here's an early image;

spot on
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

i saw one of these at goodwood last year.looking good!
Old 17-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Regular User

Hello
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Just a quick update, the car is all finished and I've found a new home for it as the build area did not have easy access to the road. Hoping now I can get it IVA'ed fairly soon and on the road. image below is the car being loaded to take to its new home this morning, big thanks to James and Al from scoobypartz for doing this for me.

Did have a few blats up and down the road, it all seems good, a cheshire cat had nothing on me!! Some great noises pops bangs turbo etc. Going to Castle Combe for a bit of tracktime next saturday, can't wait!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Very impressive, looks incredibly light - do you have any idea of its weight?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

Hello did you get my pm on Kent , doing a imp with a wrx box & engine and would like to see the gear linkage
Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Very impressive, looks incredibly light - do you have any idea of its weight?
Thanks Steve, its quite deceiving there doesn't look alot to it but its quite substandual weight wise, with fliuds etc is around 740kg. I'll pop it on a weigh bridge on friday just to check it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

howdy again
Old 02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Hello did you get my pm on Kent , doing a imp with a wrx box & engine and would like to see the gear linkage
Sorry C.J must have got lost in the ether. I've images on flickr along with a video clip which you are welcome to look at. http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckmor...in/photostream The front end is a Toyota GT4 gearshift (£30 egay) inverted and modified slightly. The back end is a bellcrank which is actually a rear suspension part from an R6 motorbike (bike breakers £15) with a lot of rod ends and a couple of machined components. All joined together with some Cabletec 6mm push pull cables (egay £100). I designed the brackets myself and had them laser cut. (£50) SDR have now done their own design which is around £500 +VAT a fellow builder broke his the day he installed it, you pays your money ....etc

best of luck with it, as its a right PITA particulry because of the spring loading across to 5th and reverse.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks Steve, its quite deceiving there doesn't look alot to it but its quite substandual weight wise, with fliuds etc is around 740kg. I'll pop it on a weigh bridge on friday just to check it.
That's still light considering how much power you have, a very nice power to weight ratio
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
A very nice power to weight ratio though
Old 18-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Regular User

Had an unsuccessful go at getting around Castle Coombe the other weekend, suspension and steering problems meant I didn't get a full lap in. The circuit photographer got this image though which I found on the Castle Coombe website, went some way to make up for the disappointment

Old 19-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Regular User