South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 24-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Silver Member

Default px'ed rb5 and proper ripped off!!

hi all i px my rb5 against a b5 s4 twin turbo, only reason i let it go was because i have no job and needed some money,when i px it the fella drove from surry to where i am 300 miles away any way he turns up everything seems all good untill history time handed my logbook over he rips the yellow bit out as he was a trader both signed and nothing got signed on the main v5, to do do the s4 logbook and nothing all he had was service book his green keepers slip, he seemed a genuine guy rushed out early hours to set off on the 5hour trip, and said ive left it all at home ect anyway he said il get it all posted tomorrow first thing ect thought fair play didnt act nervous or suspicious ect so a deal was done ect signed a reciept both ways jobs a gooden, come 10pm i get a text "your car has no mot lol" then a second text "rb5 has mot" and then i thought whats he on about? since ive tried to phone and nothing!! had my mate to look on the mot database and it come up with that it hasnt been to a test station for 18 months!!!!!!! what a joke!!! one thing i cant get my head around is the car has tax till end of april if there was no mot surly you cant tax it?? i no what your all thinking and yep your right!! not sure what to do now as i have a car that cant be used!! and have no money!! if you see the rb5 up forsale or being stripped can you let me no so i can try get somin sorted, its as good as being stolen in my eyes il appriciate any help thanks!

Last edited by bonner; 24-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 24-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

oh **** think after that mate your have all of ses looking for it and go after him if found
Old 24-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Silver Member

its a joke mate!!

Last edited by bonner; 24-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 24-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear that Neil if he ever comes up north with car I will keep a look out me and the boys will sort him out Scottish style if you know what I mean .
Old 24-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

you never know he might be genuine and send all the details ect but why not answer if you have nothing to hide
Old 24-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

give the police the details you have, if he's driven it with no MOT etc, you never saw the v5? sounds proper dodgy
Old 24-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

no not the full v5 just the bits that dont get used and gave me the new keeper section,
Old 24-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Gutted for you Neil, same car as I had before, not silver is it mate? I'd contact police also mate and explain the situation. If he is a trader then he will get in serious sh*t mate. Don't understand how the car had tax mate, mind you my mrs mum went to ASDA the other day to tax her pinto and took all details, women behind the counter said "don't need any of that any more, just give me the reminder, it's not our job to check mot and valid insurance anymore." Strange I thought but if someone can confirm if this is true and what date it came into force that might be how it was taxed mate, I tax mine online and I know now it only says your car has passed the valid mot check nothing about insurance like it used to.
Old 24-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Silver Member

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago took a megane 225 sport in Px against a x5 I had it turned out to be a cat c and also had no mot I contacted the police and was told that it was a civil matter not a criminal one and that it was down to me to do the relevant checks before doing the deal I even had the blokes name and address but they wouldn't help at all I went to the blokes house and he called the police I nearly got nicked for breach of the peace what I couldn't understand is if he told me it had mot and was hpi clear which he obviously knew it wasn't surely he's guilty of obtaining property by deception due to the fact that he lied to get the car ?
Old 24-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

no its a ming blue mate heres a picIMG_20140215_024351.jpg

IMG_20140215_024503.jpg

2013-09-24_16.53.50-1.jpg

never no sombody might know the car?? was you on any forums dan??
Old 24-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Silver Member

Yeah mate try Audi-sport.net mate, I'll take a look on there now for ya and see if I recognise it on there.
Old 24-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Gold Member

Definitely call the police mate.

Sorry to see this and I hope you are able to get some recompense.

Is the tax disc for the car, i.e. number plate matches, etc.?

If he's a trader, or purporting to be one, then he's got a higher burden on him under consumer law. Sold as seen is not something he can hide behind. You just need to find the ****!

This makes me sick. I hope you do find him. He could do with learning some manners.
Old 24-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

Have you seen this?

Posted five months ago.

Something is fishy here!
Old 24-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

yeah tax disc matches ect and yeah ive seen the link, i typed the number plate into google and thats what it came up with so i joined the forum to see if i get any responce!!
Old 24-02-2014, 11:02 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

With the way he has conducted himself Id get the s4 looked at sharpish. Great cars i,ve had 2 of them, but there are dodgy ones about and they can carry some serious bills if things go wrong. Turbo,s are prone to going and are an engine out job to do etc etc. If the car is straight, good and hpi clear a MOT is £30 and job done So might not be all bad but does sound suspect.
Old 25-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Silver Member

lets hope so!! all runs and drives good new tyres and pads ect not cheap stuff either i had a text from the bloke last night saying hes going to get everything posted today i asked for an email with a photo of all documents and as i expected nothing!!
Old 25-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Silver Member

Fingers crossed this all works out for you mate.
Old 25-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

abit of good news i suppose, just found out i have mot till may so thats something! i had a mate check on the mot database and come back it hadnt been done for 18 months i rang dvla and they put me throughto vosa which they then gave the details so when i get some money il book an early mot! hoping by end of summer il have a cheap classic project on the go!! fingers crossed just hope things turn out ok lesson learnt!!
Old 25-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

This happened when I sold the trooper, I lost the MoT and when I checked it said 18 months without and I knew it had been done a month before
Old 26-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Bronze Member

Not good Neil, I hope you are able to get this sorted.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Silver Member

Muthaf****er
This is blatant fraud so you must call the police.