South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Bling

Bling Show us your shiny bits!

Old 26-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Default Only went in for ideas and a quote!

Popped into one of the good local car audio guys to get some ieas for uprating my speakers and adding a removable sub, unfortunately they were in the process of moving premises so had some stuff to get shot of!

Some bloody good kit for a fraction of the actual cost, e.g £99 for a set of CLS HQ slim mount speakers (retail £400!) Amp was only £169, £100 off retail!
Now for my next question, anybody up for helping me install it all?

Last edited by SpecB; 26-10-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 26-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

looks like a good set up you got there mate, are you thinking of running the components off the amp too? also what headunit are you running, id be happy to help woth any questions or diagrams but it looks like your abit far away from me to install it. but any questions feel free to ask
Old 26-10-2009, 05:45 PM

Amp is a 4 channel so Components of CH 1 & 2 with 3 & 4 Bridged to the Sub. I was into my car audio on my old cars so am reasonably happy installing, It's mostly the spacers in the front doors I'm not to sure on.
Old 27-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member

if your handy with abit of fiber glass you could have a go at making your own or something, im gonna be making some fibreglass bits for mine soon, you could always chop the spacers abit or make some fibreglass speaker pods and spray or vinal them
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 PM

All fitted now, I decied it was far to cold and damp to do it myself so gave Jez at Highdown car audio a shout he offered to do it on Sunday and worked on the car until 9pm - faultless customer service! Amp and Sub mounted in boot, Speakers in custom spacers in front doors, stiffened with Fibreglass and the en shhet and a half of dynamat in each door! Was able to get a couple of pics, Liked the way he mounted the crossovers to the back of the door cards. Sounds amazing and the car doesn't sound like it's about to fall apart when you shut the doors!