South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Bronze Member

Default A quick clean, not so many pics this time!

Yes,

It has been 6 days now since my seven hour clean-a-thon of Saturday last - you all remember surely, from my browser-killing picture lag-fest...

Anyways, not so many pics this time, thought I'd go easier on you all plus I don't want to be seen as any kind of attention whore.

So last week I mentioned that I had bought some Megs Wash & Wax for use inbetween major detailing sessions.

I wanted to try it and well, my car had a film of dust on it so I grabbed the opportunity and made tracks to dear Nan & Grandads :drive2:

I rinsed (yes that's right, spelled correctly this week - I knew something looked queer about that) with jet wash, nozzel set to a wide spray so as to gently remove the dust without seriously disturbing the wax of last week.
I always spray at a 45 degree angle as well so as to "sweep" the dirt off rather than pound it into the paintwork.

Ok, so then I get my two red buckets out, rinse and fill. In one I pour 4 cap fulls of delightfully thick, gloopy and yellow Meguires Wash and Wax. It also smells quite good.

I washed using the Megs wash mitt and rinsed again with the jetwash before hand drying with a large microfibre cloth.

Once dry I could see that the Carnauba wax supposedly in the Megs was indeed there as it had dried in some of the trim edging all white and when rubbed away behaved exactly as the NXT Tech Wax I applied last week. Nice.

Once dry I went over the whole car again with Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, spraying on liberally, wiping and then buffing. This will give the wax just that little bit extra protection and shine.

Today I decided to use the AG Wheel Seal that I bought **** knows how long ago and never used. I had cleaned the wheels earlier with Megs Hot Rims and so proceded to cover the brake disks with microfiber cloths.

Once covered I gave each wheel a generous coating including the brake calipers and allowed to dry then buffed off.

I'm curious as to how effective this stuff is and will report back in due course (if I remember) For sure though it has left my alloys very very slippery!

So my rating of Megs Wash and Wax is 10/10. Very good stuff, you could properly see the waxes in it when applying and rinsing, it is nice and gloopy so it feels like it's gonna do something right from the start.

The AG wheel Seal - jury is out but first impressions are good.

Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer 10/10. Perfect finish to a car wash. I have been using this for months now and it really does work as it says on the bottle. Leaves paint work silky smooth.

Pictures: I know it's been just days since the 7 hour session but bare in mind I do drive it daily and it is parked outside near nasty trees most of the time.

Lizard Sex!!!!!!!!!!!

I went up to give them some fresh veg and there were doing rudies to each other! Needless to say I wached for a while and took a few snaps, then took the food away.

There that was a suprise wasn't it
Old 05-08-2011, 05:58 PM
worzel

Blinding mate. It amazes me how addictive this pukka cleaning lark is.

It looks the nuts

Cool lizards
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Blinding mate. It amazes me how addictive this pukka cleaning lark is.

It looks the nuts

Cool lizards
Cheers, yes it is annoyingly addictive - almost as good as driving the thing ... in a paralel kind of way.

Yep those lizards are funny little buggers, randy too - must be reaching teenage years now so I guess they are experimenting and stuff.

He was probably better at it first time round than I was by the look of that picture.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

i like the dragons and i used 2 breed them sucessfuly when I was younger for a few years before i had 2 give them up

impossible to tell from that pic, but I would bet the one on the bottom is male!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
i like the dragons and i used 2 breed them sucessfuly when I was younger for a few years before i had 2 give them up

impossible to tell from that pic, but I would bet the one on the bottom is male!

The one on the bottom is our lady, Smaug. If she had her head turned slightly more to the side you would have been able to tell as it is what gives her sex away more than the other tells. Her head is very slim. Really tricky from that angle though!

Baby is on the top, his head is stumpy. He is really called Bilbo but we used to call him baby and can't shake the habit...

We have never bred before, would like to but probably will leave nature to take its course without intervening too much. If we get hatchlings then we will rehouse them