South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > New Members (first thread here please)

New Members (first thread here please) New members introduce yourself to our existing members here.

Old 21-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Sounds good mate apart from all the pimp my ride polished this that n the other lol!! might have high miles but if its been genuinly looked after and regular services miles are not really an issue not to me anway and if you like it go for it but as said before check out members motors as you know its goin to be a genuine one!! might pay you to look at red barons in person!!!!! i see it at the last meet and was a very tidy classic
Spoke to the guy yesterday an he says he wants 3250 for it, not sure if I'd go that on due to the miles. Be tempted if he'd take 2! I do like red barons, keep coming back to look at it an the mileage is a winner but the arches worry me as people advise it can b pricey.
Old 23-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I would give Subaru4U a call about it. No vested interest, but will know some of the history.

JGM remap and, as Chris says, some nice bits.

Worth investigating I would suggest. Have a chat with Matty4113 on SS. He picked up a nice one of similar age recently.
Very sound advise, heard back from Subaru4U yesterday and they advised that according to their records they only fitted a fuel pump and a set of shell bearings.

Looks like another one to steer clear of.
Old 23-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPond View Post
Spoke to the guy yesterday an he says he wants 3250 for it, not sure if I'd go that on due to the miles. Be tempted if he'd take 2! I do like red barons, keep coming back to look at it an the mileage is a winner but the arches worry me as people advise it can b pricey.
They can all be pricey, I know of a mint 50'000 miler that threw a shell just after being sold. The arches don't bother me too much although I may get them sorted when funds allow. If you're interested give me a shout, I'm in no rush to sell it as the job is secure now but if someone made me a sensible offer I may be tempted. Will be getting an oil change and a new in the next week or 2.

Shane
Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Bronze Member

Hi all, thought I would provide a quick update....

Im now the proud owner of a wrx bug eye! Not what I set out to get as I really wasnt keen on the bug but its had the morette headlight conversion an ive gotta say I think it looks pretty mean...

Appears to hav been well looked after an came with fsh and loads of paperwork . Has a few mods already but nothin major, induction and exhaust, sti spoiler (needs sprayin as not a perfect colour match but a mate of mines a sprayer so thats top of my to do list) and it's been re-mapped by scooby clinic. Not sure on the power but been told it shud b about 270-80? Certainly pulls well anyway!

Went to view it on wednesday las week an ended up pickin it up last friday. Had it down a mates garage for a check over the next mornin with a thumbs up from him so all good. Was gonna post this sooner but hav been in the car every spare moment since I got it!

Last edited by iPond; 11-05-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Bronze Member

Cant get the image to display!? I followed the sticky on photobucket uploads too?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

{img}http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/iPond7/image001_zps5178da6b.jpg{/img}
change brackets for [ ]

Last edited by riiidaa; 11-05-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Bronze Member

Change brackets for [ ][/QUOTE]

Awesome... ta!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Silver Member

Looks very nice mate!!