South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 25-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular User

Default Black STI treated to a correction detail and some blackfire.

This has been a on going detail throughout this week, the car was dropped off to the unit monday afternoon and was booked in for a Full Correction and Interior Detail plus engine tidy up, the owner insisted on my using his blackfire range as this is what he normally looks after the car with.

The car is a stunning example and highly modified too running just over 400bhp, soon having new injectors to boost the power that bit more.

Here is the car on arrival:

First up the car was given a citrus wash on the lowers to remove some traffic film, this was left for a few mins then rinsed.

Next up the car was foamed with a APC mix to help strip some of the protection already on the vehicle, left to dwell for 10 mins then rinsed.

The car was then washed using 2bm and a zymo l sponge then rinsed with some DI water.

Then run into the unit and dried using dodo supernatural drying towel and last touch.

The car was then to have the wheels removed and the arches cleaned/dressed and the wheels fully cleaned polished using zaino AIO and then sealed using Zaino cs, I had to make a makeshift ramp so I could get the trolley jack under the car as it was that low :doublesho

Befores:

Afters:

Wheels before:

Afters:

While I had it on the axle stands for the rear arches I made well and tackled the exhaust with britemax 2 stage polish and sealant.

Heres a few 50/50's

the diff guard was also polished.

The car was then clayed using some mild autobrite clay and last touch as lube.

was pretty clean and well looked after:

I was claying panel at a time and drying afterwards ready for paint inspection.

Paint reading were taken and mostly around 100 microns but some places were down as low as 85 on places on the bonnet and the passenger side so pretty light with these areas.

Heres the paintwork under the brinkamnn:

Some halogen shots before and after and also 50/50's

The machining was done in a 2 stage process: I finally settled for the following after trying many combos but the usual sticky scooby paint was prooving to be a PITA yet again...
Megs polishing pad and megs 83
black lc finishing pad and 3m untrafina se

before:

after:

before:

after:

before and notice the marks from where its been de-badged:

50/50

before:

after:

50/50's

This was the car at the end of yesterday after all the machining was complete.

Today it was a job of the interior, engine bay applying the Blackfire paint protection sealant which was left for 8 hrs to cure, while I was waiting I got on and hoovered the interior and gave the dash and plastics a wipedown, the glass was cleaned inside and out, the door/boot/bonnet shut was also given some blackfire PP.

The engine bay was given a wipedown and the metal polished on the strut brace and other metal pieces with the britemax metal polishes, the hoses and plastics were dressed with AS Smart Shine.

After:

Then in th mean time I had to do a mini valet on the father-in-laws Saab 93, I also had a chap pop by with a nice Aplina B12 and asked if I could help him with fitting a bootlip spoiler, after about 20 mins playing around setting in up with tape etc we had it sorted. He saw what I was doing to the scooby and was amazed and said he wants his Alpina doing so will be in touch soon so happy days.

Now back to the scooby and applying the Blackfire Midnight Sun wax, this was applied panel at a time and buffed, I am amazed with these products we can see the finsh just get deep and more gloss by the second, A must on my shopping list.

So finished shots:

wheels and tyres all finished and dressed using megs endurance.

some outside shots, bloody cloudy but hoping to have sun tomorrow and get a video and another layer of wax before its collected.

This has been a very enjoyable detail and alot of blood sweat and tears well nearly anyway while doing the arches ouch knuckles....

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Paul
Old 25-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

The Gimp should be ashamed of himself letting it get that bad

Nice work Paul
Old 25-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Silver Member

can you pm me the cost of such a job please cash!!
Old 25-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Nige

Fantastic! How much ?
Old 25-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

lovely bug