South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 18-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Regular User

Tyler there are so many option out there at the mo but go direct bolt on just for the cost and the fact there are easy twisted bring so many problem with it, pound for buck i would go 18-20g thats what i have on the new-age and that fine one the road the twisted set up on the classic was a pain the little cost like oil feed pipes and so on.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Bod, well it will be out of the MD321 or the TD05, to be fair i am headding more towards the MD as i have herd that TD05's are a little more laggy, and i really don't like lag... Think i need someone to take me out who has a MD321 and someone else to take me out who has a TD05 so i can feel the lag...

Offers anyone?
Old 19-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Bronze Member

I went from a VF35 to a TD05 18g mate on a 2.0lt

There was more lag obviously on the 18g but it was a different animal. The VF was very smooth and progressive. The 18g would build up then hit you with boost and away you go. Wasnt really laggy imo

Last turbo was a 20g but on a 2.5 so no lag really.

The MD is getting all the rave reviews mate for its earlier spool. But you pay that bit more.

The 18g can now be picked up for 300-350 and give figures of 350-370ish

Great little turbos.

If you can wait and afford a MD go for it. I think a 20g might be laggy on a 2.0lt but Bod has been running one a while so he could take you for a spin

Either way it wont be long till you need a new gearbox/clutch/engine
Old 21-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beck View Post
I went from a VF35 to a TD05 18g mate on a 2.0lt

There was more lag obviously on the 18g but it was a different animal. The VF was very smooth and progressive. The 18g would build up then hit you with boost and away you go. Wasnt really laggy imo

Last turbo was a 20g but on a 2.5 so no lag really.

The MD is getting all the rave reviews mate for its earlier spool. But you pay that bit more.

The 18g can now be picked up for 300-350 and give figures of 350-370ish

Great little turbos.

If you can wait and afford a MD go for it. I think a 20g might be laggy on a 2.0lt but Bod has been running one a while so he could take you for a spin

Either way it wont be long till you need a new gearbox/clutch/engine

Cheers Dave... Might have to pay a little visit down to see Bod then...

Just put a tube of Molly Slip in the gearbox yeterday as the gear box is on its way out any way.

As for my engine i hope it doesnt go dave its a Forged P1 engine with STI4 heads, and its on around 6k miles....
Old 21-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Hi, i am running a md321t on my car though its with a 2.1 stroker engine. you are more then welcome to have a spin in it if you want to feel how good the md is. I had a td05/20g before and its like chalk and cheese.
Old 21-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post
Hi, i am running a md321t on my car though its with a 2.1 stroker engine. you are more then welcome to have a spin in it if you want to feel how good the md is. I had a td05/20g before and its like chalk and cheese.
Yeah that would be great if you don't mind, maybe at one of the meets you could take me for a spin... What mods do you have?
Old 21-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Silver Member

Dont get to any meets at the mo as i work weekend nights and double day shift during the week, so sometime during the week be best to me. My specs are 2.1 stroker, md321t turbo. Simtek, avcr, 740 injectors, front mount, etc etc.
Old 22-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

Yeah bud we will deffinatley have to sort something out... Cheers