South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Bronze Member

Default 6 a side footy

Howdy All,

I looked into this on another forum but seeing as that door has been slammed in my face then i thought id try it on here. Who fancies a game of 6 a side football? I have a great venue lined up at Downlands School, Dale Avenue, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 8LP.

It has free parking and is a quiete and quite (are they the wrong way round )secure venue so no little brats running around like at normal leisure centres so scoobs should be safe n sound there, it doesnt have a bar but is it 2 minutes from the local pub if anyone fancied a drink or food afterwards.

http://www.freedom-leisure.co.uk/index. ... alleryID=8

If we got 12 people togethor then it could be as little as £2 each or if we played in an evening and needed floodlights then £2.40 each which isnt bad for an hours play.

I recall when i looked into this before the people interested were all available on various days so i may have to book it as and when i can and whoever can make it can play but those who cant i will try and vary the days each week.

It doesnt matter how good or bad you are its just about getting togethor for a fun game of footy and meeting new people and getting some fresh air and exercise.

So whos up for it? Please put your name on the list and a preferred day and i will see what i can do. It will be a maximum of 12 so first come first play.

So lets get a list started please....

1) Dave - Normally Sundays but will vary due to shift work.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Bronze Member

Default Re: 6 a side footy

Ok instead of fannying about i have booked and paid for SUNDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER which is a week tomorrow starting at MIDDAY and for 1 hour. I know there are various meets on a Sunday but i cant afford the petrol to alot of them so instead of being grumpy at home id much rather be playing footy yaaay.

If we get 12 players then it will be £1.80 each but please be aware if people do not turn up then the price will alter slightly. I am not arranging this to make a profit, i will divide the hours price between however many turn up.

So please start a list of who wants to play, maximum of 12 people, first come first served basis.

1)Dave
Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Bronze Member

As theres alot going on next sunday i will invite a few non club members aswell to make up the numbers, but would still like to have a club game soon so let me know if your interested for other times aswell.

1)Dave
2)Colin
3)Pittbull
Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

i'm up for footy in general, but i can't make that Sunday - either going to go to the Surrey meet or Beachy Head with a few other members to watch Franklands Flyer skate down a hill on his backside.

I play at Downloads with a load of people from my work every Tuesday. Loads of parking and its safe to leave scoobs there (i always park my scoob in the car park with no problems). Best pitch i've played on in the mid sussex area too.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

think this sunday will be a struggle so getting mainly mates to play as im desperate to play more. If you get stuck for numbers on tuesdays then let me know and if i aint working will be happy to fill in
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
The Fly

As with Steve, I'll be very interested to come along and play, but allas will not be able to make it this Sunday coming. Got two left feet or is that two right feet, always getting confussed.com. But deff interested for the next meet.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Bronze Member

we still need a couple more players for this sunday, if you fancy playing then let me know asap.

cheers

Dave