South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 19-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Bronze Member

Default mercedes

i was asked to do a detail on a friends mercedes so this was today an hopefully will get back to do the other half tuesday so no wax applied yet but its inside anyway
this is how i found it :

onto the wheels using bilberry 5:1 left to do its job for 5 minutes plus i surfexed the arches at the same time:

then it was foamed using bh auto foam an washed with the 2bm with sn shampoo an the famous wookie:
then onto claying using bilt hamber soft clay to be fair the car is well looked after just not the correct way:

then back out to be re washed (no pics) an back inside to be dried using dodo ttd an the sn drying towel the buffed the last bits off with the soft touch towel an the leaf blower:

some defects:

some paint readings there was places i found which where pretty low compared to the rest of the car which i think have had some heavy polishing work previous:

50/50 plus some other corrected shots:

just the roof bumpers an n/s to do an then wax clean windows
Old 20-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

looks excellent mate much improved some of those swirls and rds's looked really deep and nasty, wish i had a place inside to do mine lol the pics of the shutter reflecting in the bodywork look really good
Old 20-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Bronze Member

some of the rds are deep mate managed to cut them down a little but to deep to take fully out especially when areas of the paint were thin.

i was quite lucky with the workshop as the bloke who owns the merc is a valeter so i made a deal with him
Old 20-09-2009, 04:00 PM
SES Mercedes Division

That is looking really good.

Thin paint is one of the problems with newer Mercs. they only get 2 coats when being produced, whereas my old trusty 190 had 4 coats

cant wait to see it when it's finished