South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 16-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Regular User

Thanks Steve, will be taking the car for it's first trackday on the 26th Feb at Snetterton, just ordered some PF discs, pads and 5.1 brake fluid to go with the 235 REO70's I found, hopefully everything will go well and it will be at least as good as my Bugeye, although everything will be crossed just incase
Old 16-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Silver Member

I had the same problem when I brought my scoob the engine let go after 8500 mls so sent it to foresters in Wolverhampton to be rebuilt and was told it had been built using secondhand wrx parts so he built me an engine Which turned out worse than the first with two different types of pistons three types of spark plugs wrong head gaskets valve shims all wrong reused oil pump/cooler the list is end less and that engine lasted only 11000mls so decided to do it myself and for that I appreciate it more.
Old 18-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Regular User

There's some really dodgy people out there, I feel your pain Gav, it's horrible when someone knowingly shafts you!

On another note, some new coasters arrived

Tese should stop me........hopefully!
Old 20-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Silver Member

Liking the stoppers mate
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Regular User

Completed my first trackday last Sunday at Snetterton, all I can say is HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

Friday I bled the brakes with 5.1 fluid, fitted the PF discs and pads and put the REO70's on. Had to bed the brakes in on my first outing on track as didn't have time before hand due to work but they came up pretty quick and the pedal felt nice and firm. Faffed around a bit before I got on track as all sorts of things were going through my head but I shouldn't have worried, the car was awesome!!

Wasn't in front of Budgie for long, his car goes so fast his hair has slipped off....

Since I've had the car, I've never used the DCCD properly and didn't really know what to expect, now I've flung it round a few corners at speed I'm totally amazed at what it does and how it makes the front end turn in so quickly and sharp, only left it in auto mode but it made a world of difference.

The car moves around much more than my Bugeye used to which put me off at first, got some understeer too and in the Bug I had to feather the throttle to keep on the limit of grip, I used constant throttle in the Bug so this thing is totally different as it needs you to use power in the corners to allow the diff to do it's thing. Once I started learning what it was doing all I had to do was aim where I wanted to go, the car moved around a bit, squatted down and shot towards the apex/clipping point every single time, amazing bit of kit and I'm really chuffed with it, just a totally different way of driving than I'm used to so took a while to get the hang of it and build up the courage to trust it.

I'll be booking another one soon, fancy Silverstone in something a bit faster than a 1.8 Focus

How much is an LM450?? lol
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Good to see you enjoying the car after all the problems you have had

Haha about Petes hair
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Authorised Trader

Glad you enjoyed it mate
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Regular User

Thanks guys, it's been a long time coming!!

Got slight 'rear knocking shock syndrome' now (ooh er misses!) Was expecting it at some point so no surprise, will try the lithium grease trick for now and see how it goes, don't really fancy coil-overs yet as it rolls a bit on track but the overall handling is pretty good IMO, plus I want to save for a deposit and get somewhere with more than 1 bedroom.........need a Scalextric room
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Regular User

Last edited by 53WRX; 01-12-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Your car looks wicked on track, like the first pic from your track post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Regular User

Last edited by 53WRX; 01-12-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Regular User

Thanks Bolesroor

It looks really shiney in all the photo's but was actually fairly grubby on the day.

Thanks Stuey, did you photoshop that picture and add some motion blur??

Stayed infront of the Datsun which put a smile on one of our faces

Old 18-03-2012, 10:52 PM

was good to meet at FB on Saterday hope all is going well with yours

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.