South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 29-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
Steve, I should be able to bring the undertray to Japbash sure there's room in the sports boot!
Sounds good
Old 14-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

All ready this morning for the next stage, Have a boot full of goodies ready for the trip up to Charlies.

Hopefully I should be returning with 650 injectors, Pennine Custom Fuel Rails with Fuel lab FPR K & N induction on MAF less intake and Syvecs all on the 2.5 with AVCS heads. Bring on the 400s!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 14-09-2010, 09:22 AM

hope it goes well mate
Old 14-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
All ready this morning for the next stage, Have a boot full of goodies ready for the trip up to Charlies.

Hopefully I should be returning with 650 injectors, Pennine Custom Fuel Rails with Fuel lab FPR K & N induction on MAF less intake and Syvecs all on the 2.5 with AVCS heads. Bring on the 400s!

when you going on the rollers Nick? If i'm off I might pop up to watch!
Old 15-09-2010, 09:41 PM

I was up there yesterday Tim, sorry I didn't see your post!

Biggest change is the torque, max was 325lbft @ 5250rpm now peaks at 350 at 4500 and holds 350 until 5500 in fact there is 300lbft plus of torque from 3250rpm! Power wise up by 20BHP but at 3500rpm up by 100BHP!

Oh and did I mention only 1.1 Bar boost currently to keep torque down and protect the std wrx 5 speed box! Turbo was at 1.5bar on the previous map!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 15-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one mate
Old 15-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Bronze Member

Nice one mate. Glad it's all come good.

Steve
Old 15-09-2010, 10:14 PM

nice one, not far from the big 400 now mate
Old 15-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

there's life in the aps turbo yet!
Old 15-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

very impressed with the setup.. it worked very well! and goes like stink

Simon
Old 16-09-2010, 09:59 AM
worzel

Good job mate, and still more to come, it promises a lot matey!
Old 16-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one Nick, good on you buddy.
Old 19-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Off again tonight to sort a slight issue with the idle and also get the Anti Lag turned on!

I do have a set of 650s and new fuel rails/fpr to fit but just couldn't find the time! Aso got an Orcacari rear spoiler in the shed from Sian as my wedding present which I need to get fitted! Should get there in the end!
Old 19-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Member

Does that mean you'll have some Pinks up for grabs?
Old 20-10-2010, 07:30 AM

I will have the pinks in a while, small issue in that I didn't manage to find the time to swap the fuel system over. So hopefully I should get that done soon and the pinks will be available around Xmas if that's any use?

Car runs better now thanks to Simons magic touch and got the A/C working again - we'd swapped the A/C pins about when re-pinning the ECU Wiring loom for the AVCS heads, process of trial and error but Simon found where they ended up in the end!

Because I'm a picky bugger the Anti lags not wired in yet just need to find the switching wires for the front fog switch and I'll use that to activate it!
Old 20-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Bronze Member

Sounds wicked mate. Great job
Old 20-10-2010, 09:11 PM

How can a switch not have a switched output! Had to give up with the fog switch so have just got a illuminated rocker switch.

Anti Lag is possibly the worst mod yet for my wallet! Only driven to work and back and used almost 1/4 of a tank! But the smile, wobbling cyclists/mopeddlers etc. was worth it!
Old 21-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Bronze Member

Good stuff mate.

Why not run a switch in the centre console?

Goes easy on the ALS mate. It will kill your engine if ran all the time. The it creates is unreal.

Enjoy it regardless.

Steve
Old 21-10-2010, 07:45 AM

I was hoping to go stealth and use the redundant For light switch, I've wired in a switch in a blank next to it now I guess where you STi guys have the I/C spray switch!
Old 18-02-2011, 08:03 AM

Time for the next stage!

Had a tidy up under the engine bay, sorted out the AOS so it feeds off the heads and the crank breather, fitted the oil catch can which I will shortly actually connect to intercept the PCV breather so the system will be fully sorted but retain the PCV which I've read is needed to create a flow and reduce condensation in the block. Removed the fuel breather/purge valve system to tidy up further.

Next steps are to get the intake air temp sensor fitted, fit the new fuel rails and fpr and sort the gearbox! The Orcacri rear spoiler with carbon (3M) rear blade should also go on in the next few weeks. Plus the front grilles will be sprayed Black and the cold air intake fitted to the front fog.
Old 18-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Gold Member

Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Few more bits done/sorted.

Ordered a Knock monitor from knockgauge.eu - sorted out a 6speed gearbox which hopefully I should get in the next couple of weeks, Painted my lower Grille and fitted smoked side repeaters.

Just need a bigger hole saw to sort out the cold air feed plus get the gearbox and fuel rails fitted.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Had a good chat with Brent today and the car will be off to SMD shortly to get the gearbox and fuel rails fitted plus the boss for the wideband and the IAT sensors all ready for SImon to put a 'final' map on the car!

Hoping to actually get an APS turbo to the quoted spec (440!)
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Looking good nick....I'll be amazed if you get 440 off the aps!

I am down for srr on the 31st if you can make same day
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Coming on well now

Keep us updated
Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
See you there
Old 09-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Just waiting on Simon getting back with dates, that may be possible!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Looking good nick....I'll be amazed if you get 440 off the aps!

Think I shall take a trip up for that one.

Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 PM
worzel

I might try and get to this too. I want to get my multi-maps set up.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Looking good for the 31st - had the OK from Simon, box should be with Brent by Friday and I'm dropping my car in with him on the Sat.

Better get the Cold air feed fitted before that then!
Old 18-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Looking good - Box has arrived, new clutch/fly should be with Brent Monday (AP Racing organic) thanks to David at APi - hopefully my Prosport gauge pack and knock gauge should also arrive by the week after for me to fit along with the cold air feed ready for the mapping on the 31st.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Couple of little changes...

Next up Satin black intercooler (radiator paint) plus paint the top grille, possibly an oil cooler under there as well rather than wing mounted, trying to work out if there's space.
Old 19-03-2011, 10:00 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Will look good with black meas & intercooler

I do love that piggie badge
Old 20-03-2011, 08:23 AM

Car is all tucked up with Brent, Clutch and flywheel should arrive on Monday so car should be back for the weekend so I can fit the Cold air kit and possibly spray the intercooler ready for mapping on the 31st.

Oil cooler will also be sorted prior to Brands as I think this is needed.
Old 20-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Nige

Car is coming on nicely mate. Just a heads up when i painted the intercooler on the Scoob black. After a couple of weeks worth of running around it looked rubbish. Every stone that hit it chipped the paint . It looked like it had a bad rash. Worse thing was to try get this back to it's original state
took over 4 hours. Even then i had to paint the fins. So have a really good think first buddy.

Last edited by Nige; 20-03-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member

No problem with mine, just spray it satin black from Halfrauds and it only takes 10 mins every few months to give a little touch up
Old 20-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
No problem with mine, just spray it satin black from Halfrauds and it only takes 10 mins every few months to give a little touch up
That's maybe as you dont drive as fast being in a Scooby
Old 22-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Car should hopefully be finished on Thursday now, bit of a nix up with the rear diff/driveshafts - quick call to APi and the correct shafts are now on the way!

Why did Subaru put so many bloody different box/diff combinations in the cars!
Old 26-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Fuel rails/hoses/frp, 6 speed with short shift, intake air temp sensor AP racing clutch and flywheel all fitted by Brent at SMD. Now off to SRR on Thursday to get it all mapped.

Old 26-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Looking good Nick.

I hope things work out for you on Thursday..
Old 26-03-2011, 07:41 PM
admin

Yep, looking good

hope all goes well on Thursday
Old 27-03-2011, 08:00 PM

Spent an hour or so out there this afternoon!

Front mount will be going satin black soon!
Old 27-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Gold Member

Very nice. Smaller front plate?

The little ones finger prints on the left side of the grill?
Old 27-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Very nice. Smaller front plate?

The little ones finger prints on the left side of the grill?
Can't decide on the plate - thinking of going for a Square plate over the passenger side fog cover and smoothing the original mounting. Just fitted the cold air feed, and painted the top grille black and cut away a bit more of the front bumper.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Latest results - Thanks Simon (JGM)
Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Good stuff mate
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

The turbo it be maxxed lol

Think thats 2bhp higher than I have seen before on same turbo

Extra boost mainly adding torque

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166
Old 06-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Just finished painting the FMIC - all I need now is the 25row Setrab cooler to be delivered then I can put the front of the car back together, and fit the oil pressure and temp gauges - pics to follow!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Nige

Looking good mate & nearly ready for the Ring.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster View Post
The turbo it be maxxed lol

Think thats 2bhp higher than I have seen before on same turbo

Extra boost mainly adding torque

Simon
1.3 more than mine did lol