South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 26-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Sounds soooooooooo good
Thanks there,really appreciated for yours kind comment

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart didz View Post
my wheels are the same size as your jura,18"x8.75"

They looks good on yours too Paul

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
That spool up sounds the nuts lovely wagon would love to see/hear it in the flesh!! Nice job bud i hope you make over the 600bhp mark alot of agro youve had but its worth it in the end minus the heart attack!! keep it up!
Thanks there and really appreciated for yours kind comment

Hopefully we will be there on 5th August at Brands Hatch

Jura
Old 26-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

Yesterday we are took our wagon to Neil@Slowboy racing for check up and for resolving the restriction issue

I've spoke with the Neil about the restriction issue and he said,he will investigate the issue.

Second issue which hopefully Neil will resolve is the power steering locking on when we are turning to left,which seems is only very minor issue

More news on this we will know for sure next week Monday and I will update the thread with Neil findings

Jura

Last edited by jura11; 26-07-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

Looks and sounds amazing mate, hope you get the issues sorted so you and your brother can enjoy it
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Few updates:

Yesterday we are took our wagon to Neil@Slowboy racing for check up and for resolving the restriction issue

I've spoke with the Neil about the restriction issue and he said,he will investigate the issue.

Second issue which hopefully Neil will resolve is the power steering locking on when we are turning to left,which seems is only very minor issue

More news on this we will know for sure next week Monday and I will update the thread with

Jura
Any update on finding the problem Jura?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Any update on finding the problem Jura?
Hi Tim

I will update thread next week with all findings and hopefully wagon will be mapped next week by Simon

Jura
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

Updates:

OK think is time to update thread:boggle:

Has been few weeks when we are took our wagon to Neil for check up and inspection and resolving the issue of the restriction

This restriction at first place has caused Up pipe,which has been only 1.7" wide(inside has been some sort of the Venturi) and looks like this Up pipe has been modified in past previous owner,which is very disappointing

Here are words of the Neil:

Quote:
As a result i believe its creating back pressure causing the cylinder temps to rise, this will be much more apparent on the current cams as the lift will allow hot gases back into the cylinder more so. At low boost it’s better as back pressure is low, once boost rises back pressure builds resulting in power reduction. We can clearly see a wash mark where the exhaust gases are missing part of the waste gate routing.
When I've spoke with Neil as first time,he thinks our timing is not correct,but Neil check the cambelt timing and timing has been correct,

Neil has remade Up pipe to original spec at first place and plus our headers started to blow,which Neil again has repaired

When I've seen this and how this has been made up and botched,Neil has been unhappy with this at first place like we are,wish we are rather bring the Rotated kit unwrapped and Neil will check the kit

I've spoke few times with Neil in more details about this and Neil recommend us using adjustable exhaust pulleys,we are bought CDF AVCS Adjustable Exhaust Pulleys which Neil will adjust to correct position

Our cams has been in retarded position(think one side has been in -5 and one side has been in -7),but now Neil has adjusted them to correct position

Chris@CDF has first time sent us incorrect pulleys which has been not for our engine and Chris at least has have them in stock

Everything has been almost ready for last week,but we are decided go with RCM rotated kit,with which we should go at first place,as many people said,those kits are best,agree they cost,but at least fitting will be correct and we will be not limited again or have problems

New updates we will be have this week and hopefully wagon will be ready this week and wagon will be mapped too this week

Few things has happens too on home front,which everything changing

Thanks for reading

Jura
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one Jura almost there. The rcm kit is good. You got a tial wastegate and relocation for the water tank?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Nice one Jura almost there. The rcm kit is good. You got a tial wastegate and relocation for the water tank?
Hi Tim

Thanks hopefully now no more problems

We are running Turbosmart Wastegate which should fit if not then we will be need again new wastegate

Jura
Old 10-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Jura,
Glad for you both it`s seems to be getting there? Should be awesome once finished
Old 15-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

After several issues with the Rotated kits,Stew made own kit from H&S Twisted kit with screamer pipe,which we are very appreciated for this and with this we would like top thank you

Stew made rotated kit in record time,we are expected we will have wagon somewhere around 24th,but Stew made everything including oil change and fitting all bits like intercooler just in 3 days.Again Stew thanks for great work and we would like to say thanks again from both us

What I can say,feels awesome to drive and we are almost forgot how it feels and how it drives

We are done around 200 miles and we are took wagon to Ryan@prodriverules on Saturday,where Ryan will re-wrap our intercooler pipework and will do oil change to fully synthetic and will fit oil cooler and paint our front brakes again to red plus other bits

Hopefully next week will be wagon mapped and we will see what will makes

We will be probably changing the exhaust for something quieter,our current BuddyClub is OK,but with the creamer pipe is slightly more louder and we will be going again with different exhaust

Last bit,is we are probably will be going with the GT30r,just due with GT35r we would want more and more power and our gearbox will not hold this on longer run.with GT30r we will be at least OK

We will see,but for now we want to enjoy wagon

Again I would like to say thanks to Stew@TFS and Ryan@prodriverules@C+K Motors

And thanks guys for support and help

Thanks for reading

Jura
Old 15-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Silver Member

Good to see things are moving in the right direction
Old 15-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Authorised Trader

Great, just add boost now
TN15 6BQ
Sales@slowboy-racing.co.uk
http://www.slowboy-racing.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/Slowboy-Rac...1909/timeline/
Old 23-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Gold Member

Nice (Subaru) figure on the dyno today Jura
Old 23-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Yea agree very good
Old 24-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simba View Post
Yea agree very good
Thanks guys,really appreciated

Jura
Old 24-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Silver Member

Few updates:

After we are pick up the wagon from Ryan yesterday,which has done as usual awesome job,he fitted finally our oil cooler with fire sleeved hoses,Mocal Thermostatic oil sandwich plate,oil change to Miller Nanodrive 10-60 plus replacing our GT35r for ScoobyClinic GT30 V2 .63AR and plus other bits

Again Ryan thank you for doing this for us in such short notice,we are both really appreciated for this

Today we are been very hopeful we will have our wagon today finally mapped on full power after several disappointed sessions

As day started,we are come to our friend Elio,which has offered to us,he will fit new exhaust for us,as usual with our luck,exhaust doesn't fit as we are thought so and we are been at square one,back to old exhaust,which is now louder than previously(but we are think as everyone this confirmed is down to screamer)

After exhaust has been replaced for our old one BuddyClub Spec IV,we are fitted hoses for wastegate

OK everything done,although I've been still unsure about the hoses sizes for wastegate,as we are used only 4mm hoses which are mainly used for boost gauges

We are come to SRR(Surrey Rolling Road) quite later than we are expected,but at least we are spoke with Simon,which has been OK with this and we are been after while ready for rollers,then Simon discovered we are don't/not have boost source/boost nipple which we are really needed,only option has been go to Stew and fitted there new boost nipple,which we will borrow from our 35r

We are come to Stew@TFS ,Stew fitted nipple and we are been ready for mapping,thanks Stew for toady and really we are appreciated for fitting the nipple

We are come on the SRR after our Garmin has took on his "B-road route",which means road which has been unpaved and only for one car.Finally after few guys has have their cars mapped and checked,our wagon has been ready for mapping,must admit,I've been little bit scare after we're not been 100% confident our PPG will take more power what we are run previously

OK few problems has needs to be sorted like 3port boost solenoid,again Charlie@SRR/Syvecs thanks for supplying the 3 Port

Chris@CJ has fitted 3 port boost solenoid with Simon,they both plumbed the wastegate and we are been been ready for mapping

After several runs,still I've been not 100% confident we will make above 500bhp,yes I've just pray for one no more problems and finally have this wagon mapped

Simon tried several runs,but we are been somewhere close to 500bhp,with which we are been happy,but after seeing few more runs,wagon staring making above 500bhp I've been over the moon,as I said with our luck,I've been unsure.

When finally Simon pulled his magic and we are made 555.5bhp and 520lb-ft on V-power only

Although Simon was been keen to try NOS,but think NOS will definitely kill the PPG,Simon and Charlie said,WMI(Water Methanol Injection) has doesn't work at all and we are check the WMI bottle,which has been empty,just at this stage we are don't have spare meth ,but Simon has have spare which has kindly borrowed us,WMI refilled with help from Chris@CJ and eevrything has been ready for mapping again for WM

Although we have fitted biggest jet(630cc),but we are been unable to make more power,as Charlie pointed out with Simon seems bigger jet doesn't make any difference,which is little bit disappointing

Guys suggested to run meth to the tank,but after we are have few problems running meth,we are not very keen to run again meth in tank

Most important how it drives?

Bloody hell,I've never expected this car will pulls like this,yes we are run on previous build NOS,but this is more violent like we are run NOS,feels like prancing horse.

Everytime we are starting to push on him,full boost(1.9bar) on the road I would say its very early(I think somewhere at region 3800-4000RPM),my brother doesn't expected this too,we are never pass 4000RPM,its simply impossible to run higher than that,this turbo spools like hell and making still awesome numbers

Screamer is loud than I've expected,at full boost screaming like .... But sounds so awesome and exhaust sounds too good,although still we are thinking to go with different one,but not right now

Thanks again all involved on today mapping,we are want to thanks to Simon@JGM for mapping the our wagon,Charlie@SRR,Stw@TFS,Ryan@C+K Motors for awesome job on our wagon,Chris@CJ for today(really thanks CJ ) and nice to see today Sid,Harry,Ian@bod and many others,again guys thanks

What next?

Enjoy the wagon

Replacing Alternator,looking like bearings are shot on the Alternator

Graphs will be posted tomorrow and sorry for not posting them,they're with my brother and my brother as went to his girlfriend

Jura
Old 24-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Silver Member

Fantastic results Well done Jura
Old 24-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Gold Member

555 brilliant number for a Subaru
Old 24-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for kind comments

Jura
Old 24-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Great write up Jura, and glad you're happy with it now. 555bhp is a great result
Old 24-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Great result 555bhp is something poetic in Subaru circles? ?

I bet the drive is awesome sauce when will we see it at the pod/track next? )

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 26-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Great write up Jura, and glad you're happy with it now. 555bhp is a great result
Thanks Steve

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Great result 555bhp is something poetic in Subaru circles? ?

I bet the drive is awesome sauce when will we see it at the pod/track next? )
Hi Dave

It drives so great on the road,really we are been previously happy with 2.1L and MD321T,but this is absolutely something different

Hopefully next month we are going to Spa and Nurburgring and on Sunday on Santa Pod(Depends on the Weather)

Jura
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

Hi guys

I've spoke with my brother and we will be selling our wagon in coming days
In last few days we have several personal problems and its simply now enough for us

I would say thanks to everyone who help us on the journey with our wagon,we are meet lots of friends on our journey.

I've tried to prolong inevitable(selling the wagon),but in last few days its has been too much and I feel very gutted,angry on myself

We are not done any track days,no drag runs

I will put for sale thread in coming days

Thanks guys again for support and all yours help

Jura
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear this jura

Someone is going to get themselves an awesome wagon thats for sure.

Last edited by Bolesroor; 06-11-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: word change.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Thats a real shame mate, sorry to hear this.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member

I was just about to say great figures jura then saw you going to sell....gutted mate
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Bronze Member

woow that must be a beast to drive

a real shame that you wont get any track time
Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for kind comments and support,really appreciated

Will be very sad for us to see our wagon to go,but we are must sell our wagon

Jura
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 PM

Really sad to hear this, Always loved the wagon and know its been a labour of love for you.

I hope it goes to a very good home and all your personal stuff works out so your back in a scoob soon dudes.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Silver Member

Sad news indeed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Silver Member

Last update:

Hi guys

I would like to say to all thanks for kind words and words of support from my side and from my brother :thumb:

Last Friday with help of Ryan@prodriverules(C+K Motors) we are started to break the wagon

What I can say,this has been most difficult for me like for my brother,for my brother this has been easy decision and for me this has been probably worst decision what I've to made,but at this stage,its has been best

I know for sure,I will regret and I'm already regretted this

From my side,I've never want to break the wagon,but this project has been our(me and my brother) and best decision has and is to break,I don't want any arguments about the wagon and no more fighting

I've tried to put brave face when we are started to break,but I can't,simply this wagon has been for me like best friend like in good and bad days..

What I can say more,on ours journey we are meet lots of good friends and lots good people who help us on our way,which I would like to say, thanks guys

What next?

My brother bought Civic Type R,for now he is happy and I'm happy too for him,he have nice car,which he can enjoy

Me,I'm still unsure,but I'm planning return to Czech or Slovakia and maybe there I will start my own project

This project has been big learning curve for me, like ownership of the Subaru,when we are bought the this wagon,I've been proper virgin in Subaru world

Again guys I would say thanks to all who help us with the project and would like again say thanks for comments and words of support

Its has been awesome journey with lots of ups and downs and hopefully this project will help others and maybe sometimes I will continue what I've started.

On the end of the I would like to say thanks to Ryan@prodriverules for helping us with breaking our wagon,really you are save us and really we can only recommend you

On the end of this I would like to say thanks to Neil@Slowbpy racing for his help and building such awesome wagon and such awesome engines for us,last one has been just something on which I always will be very proud,again thanks Neil for helping me with my numerous questions and for numerous emails,again thanks Neil:thumb:

Charlie/Ryan@Syvecs,its has been pleasure to own this ECU,I can only recommend Syvecs for their support and for their after sale care,guys this ECU is the best and I will be always to recommend this ECU,maybe once I will again this ECU

Simon@JGM for mapping our wagon and making our wagon pleasure to drive:

Ryan@prodriverules for helping us on our journey and for painting for us lots of things and as we are said,we are always love drive there

Mark@Lateral Performance for awesome MDX321T,this turbo has been best standard location turbo to the date what we are tried and can only recommend

Matty5br again thanks for helping us on the journey and helping us with lots of parts and helping us on our way to have wagon

Stew@TFS for making great rotated setup

JonMC for helping us with numerous electric issue and fitting for us lots of bits,again Jon thanks

TimH@JT Innovation for his support and for his Toucan and his sensors,its has been awesome experience to own the Toucan

AndyF,Paul@Zen,Paul Finch and other I would like to say thanks for helping me with numerous questions which I've previously have

But not as last I would say thanks all of you

Thanks guys for reading

Jura

Last edited by jura11; 03-12-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 17-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Bronze Member

That look really good. I'm still looking at a wagon for a daily driver. Would build a sleeper though