South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Silver Member

Default Its happening again!!

I've had enough of driving a diesel and the Golf is going up for sale! I've ok'd it with the mrs as i referred to it as a family estate (she has no idea what a wagon is) as kids will be happening after we get hitched in september and if i don't do it now, i'm worried i won't get the chance after. Sod the environment and fuel economy, I need another Scooby. Going for a wagon this time. Am aiming for either a late facelift or a bug but i don't have a massive budget for it. I'm hoping that i can get something half decent for about £2500? If any of you kind chaps hear of anything good up for sale or for swaps maybe, please do let me know.

Private Scruff
Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Rest in peace Jodie.

fancy a rare auto WRX Wagon?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 AM

I paid £1700 for my bug wagon in August last year, so they should be around.

I tried the sensible family estate car line with misses. She was in Florida for a month with work when I got it, she was not amused when she saw it was a Subaru when I picked her up from the airport.

She loves it now though.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Silver Member

Riiidaa, thanks for the offer but I'm aiming for a manual. I've never been keen on autos. Si, that's encouraging to hear. Can I ask what the mileage was when you bought it? I've certainly not seen any bugs at that sort of price recently.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Bronze Member

there's a classic wagon turbo on Eastbourne Friday ad at the moment
Old 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Hmm... can't see it on there. It doesn't matter too much just yet as i have to sell my golf first, and an MR2.... and some bike bits. Lots to get shot of.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon_Si View Post
I paid £1700 for my bug wagon in August last year, so they should be around.

I tried the sensible family estate car line with misses. She was in Florida for a month with work when I got it, she was not amused when she saw it was a Subaru when I picked her up from the airport.

She loves it now though.
I did love it until the bill came in before we went on the nurburgring trip. Although i did finally get a drive a few weeks back and it was AWESOME!!! Can totally see why simon loves it some much.

The best part about the Scoobie is all the lovely people we've met throu it. The girls are always welcome. Its a great little group

PS I'll reply to your PM tonight so i can put some thought in to it. Just having a cheeky browse at work.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

I'm really looking forward to getting my next Scoob and meeting you all. I only went to a few meets before and everyone seemed nice enough. Really want to make a bit more of an effort this time around and if i can get the mrs involved then maybe i can get her to see that another subaru was definately the way forward. She'll always claim that she hated my last two but i know that she loved taking my blue facelift to work with her and even went as far as giving it a little rev when she got into her car park in the hope that someone would look out the window to see her parking up. I'm sure she's a girl racer at heart

Si or Jo, if you don't mind me asking, what was the mileage on yours when you got it? 1700 doesn't seem much for one. Is it an STI?

Jo, thankyou muchly. I'm looking forward in an apprehensive stylee to see what you have to say.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
Riiidaa, thanks for the offer but I'm aiming for a manual. I've never been keen on autos. Si, that's encouraging to hear. Can I ask what the mileage was when you bought it? I've certainly not seen any bugs at that sort of price recently.
To be fair the mileage was about 130k but it felt right, the bushes were ok, I was going to replace suspension anyway. Engine has been upped to over 300bhp with vf43 turbo etc still seems to be running even after a trip to Nurburg and 2 track days, and it hadn't been treated kindly since I've had it. I always thought if engine went pop, just throw a sti lump in and carry on.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Mine was a standard wrx when I got it, isn't now though, I spent quite a lot of money on it before Nurburg trip last year. Didn't need it as an everyday car, but it was going to be my track toy. Basically building it into a sti spec.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Silver Member

Ah ok, i'm never sure how these hold up to having a high-ish mileage. Same as anything i suppose, if you keep it serviced and let it warm up and cool down it'll just keep on going. Have you got a build thread for your wagon? From the avatar pic, it looks spot on to what i'm after but i'm aiming for a uk turbo i think. Bit less bhp will hopefully save me a few pennies on fuel.

*Not a lot mind...
Old 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM

No I haven't. A build thread, I threw it together the 2 weeks before last Nurburg trip. I was still bolting exhaust and arbs on the night before when I should have been packing.

You're welcome to have a go in it.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Silver Member

Thats very kind of you to offer and yeah that would be great! I've not sat in a bug eye before or really looked at one up close. I assume its more or less the same as the facelift, just a bit refined and with rounded headlights.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:56 PM

If you keep your eyes pealed at private adds in various forums you can pick up a late classic STI wagon for 2500/2800 quid in fairly decent condition. Though premiums for them tend to vary wildly depending on who is selling, its a buyers market at the moment though

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member

Have a look at mine.....more than your budget but you will see why if you see and drive it
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

How about the Blob PPP wagon in the For Sale section?

Not hugely over your budget and looks a decent little wagon. Virtually new engine by the looks of it.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Silver Member

HKF that is a good looking car! But yes far too expensive for me. I'm looking at more around the 2k to 2500 mark. It would only upset me if I drove it because I know I wouldn't be able to afford it. Ginola I agree, it's a good time to buy but unfortunately I have to sell a my Golf (which I haven't started advertising yet), an old MR2 and some bike bits.

Stig, as I say, I'm not quite in the position to buy yet so I need to get my **** in gear and get my golf up for sale too.

Last edited by Scruff; 09-01-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

**** is swearing?! Really?! How about bum.... get my bum in gear.
Old 19-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Silver Member

MR2 is finally FINALLY being collected on thursday then the Golf is going up for sale once i've swapped a flimsy bush on the lower arm. For anyone interested, i'll also be putting the mrs vauxhall tigra up for sale. Wagon_Si, are you free at all monday to wednesday? I'd really like to have a go in yours if the offer is still there?
Old 19-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Sorry I work in London in the week and don't get back until quite late. Welcome to come round bunt it will have to be between 8 and 9 in the evening. Or around next weekend.