South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Regional Club Meets

Regional Club Meets Kent, Surrey, Sussex and West Sussex meets

Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Default Prodrive visit

We have been in talks with prodrive about organising a visit to Prodrive, Banbury in august if iwecan generate enough interest across the 3 clubs, Sussex, south east and surrey. We dont want it to clash with pre-arranged meets etc

Its in its early stages and there will be a fee which will go to their charity, about £15 per person and the tour lasts about 2 hours in groups of 15.

We will keep you all posted when we receive more information. We have asked about making it a full day so we can get a big meet organised and therefore everybody will get on a tour of the site, also asked about refreshments etc

Watch this space for those who are interested and we hope we have not stepped on anyones toes by trying to organise this.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Prodrive visit

I am in
Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Sounds a good day out, i'll be up for it if you manage to sort it out

Be good to look round properly, was a bit busy last time i went there
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Great idea Baz.

There are no toes in the way to be stepped on.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

very interested. didnt get a look last time , cue was to long!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

Just received this e-mail from Jackie at Prodrive, give me your feedback on what you think please. Have been discussing a day visit and if its possible, but will have to wait for the powers that be to get back to me.

Dear Barry & Sharon

The tours are held 5.30pm only, they are usually on a Monday and we only take one group of 15 at a time you will find when you get speaking to people that quite a few of the members of the South region have attended to tour here one time or another.

Sorry no catering is supplied only coffee and biscuits on arrival but there are quite a few restaurants/pubs close by.

One point that is worth remembering we no longer have the SWRT here we are still producing Group N cars and engineering customer cars we also build Aston Martin GT cars.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Jackie
Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

I would still be up for a trip be good to look round.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Bit of a heads up people, got the following message from Grant at Prodrive today and thought that this would bve a great idea for a trip and convoy up there.

Ill let you all read it and judge for yourselves if anybody is up for this:thumb:

Hi Barry and Sharon

We are about to announce plans for the cheque handover of the funds raised from last years event. Soon as i have the details announced i will be able to give advice on any plans you may have for a Prodrive visit.

You may want to attend the handover as it will be occuring at Chester racecourse in early August and we are hoping for a good turnout as we hand a cheque over for £53000 to Jimmy McRae.

Thanks

Grant
Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Crowman

Interesting Baz.
A good scoob turn out to the cheque presenting would be a cracking idea.

As Subarman said, no toes to tread on mate. Very happy for people to organise things like this.
Top man
Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

WELL DONE

BARRY & SHARON.

Keep us posted I'm in.