South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

Default Charity Track Days 16 / 17 September (previous ASDA-day)

Hi guys, I was going to ask you lot if you would like to join us on the P1WOC for the Charity Track Day at Bruntingthorpe again. As above, the Charity Track Day at Bruntingthorpe has turned into a two-day event this year and takes place on 16 / 17 September. As most of you know ASDA is not the host anymore. However, according to the link most of the procedure has remained the same. The biggest difference seems the entrance fee. It's now £20.00 per car per day or £35.00 for both days. And tickets need to be purchased online.

I have sent them an e-mail to find out if we can get a club stand and if you can do passenger laps if you like. Will keep you posted.

http://www.on-your-marks.info/

For whose of you who haven't been there yet
, have a look here to get some impression of what it is about and / or fire away with your questions.
http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=21508

Accomodation:
The Hinckley Island Hotel also offers a discount again when you mention that you're going to "On Your Marks" when you book your room.

If you're up for it, please put your name on the list and also state what days you want to go: Sat, Sun or both days. Cheers, guys.

1. Brooksie - P1 - Sat & Sun
2. +Doc+ (not sure which days yet) - P1 passenger laps yes
3. madda Sat & Sun - P1
4. Mikeyates Sat & Sun - P1 passenger laps yes
5. Shaun Edmunds Sun - P1
6. jcscooby Sat & Sun - BMW E39 M5 plus maybe an Accord Type R - passenger laps yes
7. Ian wr1 - Sat & Sun - tuned WR1 - passenger laps yes

Last edited by Kerstin; 21-06-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Gold Member

Gonna try and make it as i missed out last year
Old 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Gonna try and make it as i missed out last year
Nice one, Ian. Just let me know when you know more. Would be great to see you again. Although I'm not even 100% sure yet myself if I will make it this year because it's just 5 days after we come back from holiday. Decisions decisions. xxx
Old 09-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Good news regarding the gate, lads. I just had a message from Chris Buckler. He wrote they are planning to have a gate this year again. So it's looking good for passenger laps. Chris doesn't have all the details yet but will let me know as soon as he's got them.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Gold Member

Won't be able to make it this year I'm afraid. Genuinely gutted as I love this day. It seems no one at my depot wants to work Saturday's so pretty much every one is fully booked off! Hope the new format is a huge success and it gets bigger and better from here on
Old 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Silver Member

That's a shame, Stu. However, did you notice that you could also go on the Sunday?
Old 12-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
That's a shame, Stu. However, did you notice that you could also go on the Sunday?
Hi Kerstin, hope you're well?

Yes, I did see that but I'm at work all weekend unfortunately railways huh?!x
Old 14-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyStu View Post
Hi Kerstin, hope you're well?

Yes, I did see that but I'm at work all weekend unfortunately railways huh?!x
I'm fine, Stu, thank you. Hope you're doing well, too. As for the Railways, tell me about it. However, I've got seriously great colleagues who are always willing to change shifts and also the lady who does our duty roster is always happy to help. I know I'm really lucky. xxx
Old 14-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

New message from Chris Buckler for the guys who want to do passenger laps:

We need at least 50 cars. I'm thinking to cover the two days, drivers will get a code to be able to go on the track. If you know people with the right sort of cars, please, give them a call.

Drivers will get a free pass and be issued with a code, everyone else will need a ticket from the website to get in.
Old 21-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Silver Member

3. madda Sat & Sun - P1
6. jcscooby Sat & Sun - BMW E39 M5 plus maybe an Accord Type R - passenger laps yes

Anyone else interested, guys?
Old 21-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
I'm fine, Stu, thank you. Hope you're doing well, too. As for the Railways, tell me about it. However, I've got seriously great colleagues who are always willing to change shifts and also the lady who does our duty roster is always happy to help. I know I'm really lucky. xxx
Extremely sorry for the late reply Kerstin. Glad you're ok, I'm good too thank you. That's great you work with such a good team, definitely makes a positive difference. As we only get one weekend off every three weeks, it's a big ask for someone to give that up. Needless to say it seldom happens unfortunately.

I hope you have a good time at this. Really hoping the new organisers haven't messsd about too much and kept the great format as before. xx
Old 27-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyStu View Post
Extremely sorry for the late reply Kerstin. Glad you're ok, I'm good too thank you. That's great you work with such a good team, definitely makes a positive difference. As we only get one weekend off every three weeks, it's a big ask for someone to give that up. Needless to say it seldom happens unfortunately.

I hope you have a good time at this. Really hoping the new organisers haven't messsd about too much and kept the great format as before. xx
I think now it's my turn to say sorry for my late reply, Stu. Yes, I'm really glad that everything works so smoothly with my colleagues. It's a truly big bonus.

Still not sure if I will be able to make the event myself. But as you say, hopefully it still will be what it was. Fingers crossed. Would be a right shame otherwise. xxx
Old 27-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Silver Member

3. madda Sat & Sun - P1
8. cjd - days tbc - P1

Anyone else interested, guys?
Old 13-09-2017, 11:42 PM

3. madda Sat & Sun - P1
8. cjd - days tbc - P1
9. Gary Tractor boy - wrx sti - Sun - passenger laps yes