South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 13-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
You were unlucky to get rain in Wales...
We only had rain on/off on the drive up via the dam's (Sunday). The rest of the week was mainly T-shirt weather despite what the forecast was telling us.
More pics to follow..........and I will post up links to the roads used for those interested.
Old 13-08-2017, 09:47 PM

More images added to post 45.
I could not believe how clear the roads were bearing in mind it's peak season.
Even the main A-roads were pretty clear with the occasional gaggle of 4 or 5 cars (easily dealt with )
The photo's of the roads were as driven i.e clear.
We drove the B4391 3 times and the only speed limiting factors were caused by sheep, with no traffic on flowing in my direction at all.

We also drove 2 edges of the Evo Triangle and again had nothing to overtake.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Oh!! I forgot to mention the K1 was treated to a Stage 2 remap prior to the departure to Wales
Old 14-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Nice power curve, pulls like a train I bet. Great all round car now.
Old 14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
Nice power curve, pulls like a train I bet. Great all round car now.
Certainly is and can vouch for that. Scott Kindly took us out and let us have a go on Sunday, Low down power delivery is akin to a remaped deisal, or a Scott.t Remapped 2.5 WRX STI but with lots of revs all the way up in all the gears. Very punchy, and fun, yet still pretty compliant considering its trying to put it all of it through the front wheels.

Certainly opened my eyes up to what a VAG 2.0tfsi is capable of.
Old 18-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

Just watched Ollies vid on the trip, makes me want to load the car up now and go on a mini excursion!! (Minus the family lol).
You very nearly had to knock up some mint sauce also!!
Great trip, great watch. Cheers.
Old 18-08-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa male View Post
Just watched Ollies vid on the trip, makes me want to load the car up now and go on a mini excursion!! (Minus the family lol).
You very nearly had to knock up some mint sauce also!!
Great trip, great watch. Cheers.
The sheep were certainly trying their best to end up on someone's plate. We nearly had 2 for dinner and the third gave us a face off/game of chicken.

Great road, and as good as the video is it doesn't do it justice.
It really throws a bit of everything at you and believe it or not that run over it was rush hour in peak holiday season.
Reason why.....people travelling up the A5 to Ffestiniog/Slate mines etc and using the SatNav get put on the 'A' road which leave the B4391 empty
Old 18-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
The sheep were certainly trying their best to end up on someone's plate. We nearly had 2 for dinner and the third gave us a face off/game of chicken.
Atleast they can hear you coming now
Old 04-09-2017, 11:19 PM

Well after some thought I think for the short term I'm going to revert back to Stage 1.

The additional boost in the mid-range is a little aggressive on the clutch and TBH I'm not over keen on the overboost I'm seeing as boost spools (shoots to 1.6bar and settles at 1.2/1.3bar). For Stage 2 or 2+ it may be better to get a custom R-Tech map.

I did try to get Superchips to address this whilst they sorted out my CEL for the Catalyst, but recent logging shows that this overboost is still there.

Comparing Stage 1 and Stage 2, there's a fair bit more boost at 4,000rpm on the Stage 2 mainly due to the overboost, but it is mapped to target 1.3bar at this rpm.
Stage 1 is a more linear rise with 1.2bar not reached until 4800rpm.
Above 5000rpm there's very little in it,with less than 0.1 bar difference and only 5g/s additional peak airflow.

Logging 3rd gear acceleration times and comparing plots also backs this up and shows minimal, almost invisible differences in the time it takes to run through the 3rd gear pull.

Doing the maths on the Stage 2 difference using the MAF airflow calculation, from a BHP perspective, only see about a 6BHP gain.
Superchps claim about a 25BHP increase, but in my case I'm already decat, so this probably gives additional BHP narrowing the gap between Stage 1 and Stage 2.

So despite having a good slug of extra torque on the Stage 2, the total BHP increase is not something the 'bum-ometer' is likely to detect.

On Stage 2 you really have to be sure your foot is off the clutch around the 4,000-4,500rpm mark.
When the boost/torque kick in it will slip if your resting your foot on the pedal or between gear changes. Hence you have to be sure your foot is well off the pedal.
A full gear pull without touching the pedal is fine. So my assumption is the OE clutch (0n 68,000 miles) really needs all the clamping force it can get to cope with the torque (probably around 320-340ftlb).

Therefore in the interest in preserving the clutch (£800 plus fitting for Helix Organic and DMF) and turbo I'll drop back to Stage 1.
If I do decide to go Stage 2/2+ or am forced to go for a new clutch I may switch to a custom map with all the added pops/bangs from R-Tech.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:02 AM

Sounds like a sensible move Scott

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 10-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Sounds like the best plan, over a grand for a clutch swap vs a small amount of gain, I wouldn't bother either.

I can just imagine you asking Superchips for map changes here and there, most of their customers won't have a clue on this stuff. Good to keep them on their toes
Old 09-12-2017, 02:20 PM

SOLD a few weeks back.
Now at Revitup : http://revitupuk.com/product/cupra-k...k-de-res-pipe/

Great guys to deal with if you have a good clean genuine car to off load
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Nice one - whats next ?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Gold Member

Wish I'd known you were selling. Mrs Stig wants one of these... would have made for a good Christmas present.