South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 18-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Regular User

Default Access to For Sale area

Greetings.

I am trying to access the For Sale area (sadly my P1 has to go!) and I am assuming that I need certain privileges to be granted to my account?

I selected the only post visible to me on the forum, the FAQ and rles, but I got a message saying I don’t have the privileges to view it :P
Old 18-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Hi - I believe it's 10 posts before the for sale section opens up - this can be fast track by a member of Admin who will probably respond shortly (Unfortunately we all work!!). But in the mean time welcome to the forum.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 18-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

Yep 10 posts before you can access everything
Old 18-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Regular User

Eek! Not sure I can generate enough posts to achieve that :P

Can I discuss the car I’m looking to sell on here, or is that against the forum rules?
Old 18-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Regular User

Got any details about the P1 mate?
Old 19-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernApe View Post
Eek! Not sure I can generate enough posts to achieve that :P

Can I discuss the car I’m looking to sell on here, or is that against the forum rules?
You only need to comment on posts not actually create 10
Old 19-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.F View Post
Got any details about the P1 mate?
It’s a 2001, Y plate, number 0873. Approx 113k on the clock. I’ve had it since new and it’s been regularly serviced at a Subaru main dealer since day 1.

There is some rust bubbling on both rear archs and the splitter is looking worse for wear with stone chips, kerb rubbing etc. I am looking to get both of these issues sorted once my contact can source the rear arch parts.

There is some turbo whine and an intermittent fault with the knock sensor, which I will probably get replaced at the next service in Jan/Feb. Only had one major issue with the car when an injector stuck on and a hole was burned through one piston. The repair work was carried out and I have all the paperwork relating to this.

The car is in good condition for the age of it, and most of the major original parts are still on it (including the clutch!). I have had to buy another car which more suits the semi-rural location where I now live and the P1 is sitting on my drive waiting to be moved into my garage once I make space for it. I just don’t have the time to bring the car back into the condition I would like it, and I haven’t got the spare cash to pay someone else to do it.

It would be a nice project for an enthusiast
Old 19-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Regular User

How much are you looking for it mate?
Old 19-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Regular User

I’ve been advised by my local Subaru garage that, once the arches and splitter are sorted, the car should be in the range £10 - 11k.
Old 19-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Regular User

Do you have a contact number mate? I wouldn’t mind trying to view this over the weekend if possible
Old 19-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Regular User

It’s not looking at its best if I’m honest It needs a good wash and vacuum (plus a battery recharge).

I wouldn’t want you to make a longish journey and be dissappointed.