South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Gold Member

Default Rallye Sunseeker 24/25th February 2012

This is coming around in a couple of weeks and I don't think its had a mention on here yet, so I thought I'd give it a full thread! The biggest rally this end of the country and now a round of the British Rally Championship.

Full details can be found on the official site here:

http://www.rallyesunseeker.co.uk

Including spectator details...

http://www.rallyesunseeker.co.uk/spectating.html#

...and a list of the entrants here:

https://www.rallies.info/webentry/20...e=u&combined=1

Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I'm probably going to give it a miss this year - i've been following a thread over on britishrally.co.uk and there's currently less than 50 entries

I'll be going to Wyedean this Saturday though - which apparently has a full 180-car field (with a long reserve list). Its a long drive (10 mins over the Severn bridge) but worth it

http://www.wyedeanrally.com/entry.pdf
BTRDA is doing a lot better than the BRC at the moment!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I'm probably going to give it a miss this year - i've been following a thread over on britishrally.co.uk and there's currently less than 50 entries

I'll be going to Wyedean this Saturday though - which apparently has a full 180-car field (with a long reserve list). Its a long drive (10 mins over the Severn bridge) but worth it

MSA Tarmac Championship Steve?

Hmmmmmm.........
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah, the latest entry list isn't looking that great at the moment. The "new" 2wd BRC catagory seems to have a good few entries, but the historic and production classes don't look that packed right now.

Quote:

Thats a cracking looking entry list: look at the number of World Rally Cars on it!

Fully agree, I think the switch to 2wd is a terrible move on the part of the BRC. Sure the number of entries in the "top" class has gone up, but I'd rather watch one 4wd car come flying through the forest, than 50 front wheel drive cars come trundling through.

I keep saying it, but I need to do a proper tarmac rally this year!

For anyone interested in doing the Sunseeker though, available Saturday stage times are as follows:

SS2 - Wareham - 08:13
SS5 - Somerley House - 10:49
SS6 - Uddens Forest - 11:18
SS7 - Ringwood South - 13:09
SS9 - Somerley House - 14:29
SS10 - Uddens Forest - 15:56
SS11 - Ringwood South - 16:50

Helpful map for stage locations...

Old 14-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Gold Member

After careful consideration (in the pub!), I think those of us from Surrey going will be taking the following plan of attack.

SS6 (Uddens Forest @ 11:18), SS7 (Ringwood South @ 13:09), stop for lunch, then SS10 (Uddens Forest @ 15:56).

Depending on how on time the rally is running by SS10 (and how many cars are left!) it might be possible to do SS11 (Ringwood South @ 16:50). Looking at the size of the entry list though, I reckon the cars will be about an hour coming through, so by the time we're back at the cars, have moved to SS11 and walked up to the stage we'll probably have missed most of the action...

...can play it by ear on the day though!

NB: Pleased to see the entry list has grown considerably, especially the "National" catagory: now an S6 Impreza WRC on the list and a couple of Focus WRC's as well!

(And how was Wydean Steve? Where are the pictures?! )
Old 14-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
(And how was Wydean Steve? Where are the pictures?! )
Never happened for me mate

Managed to get the old man-flu on Thursday/Friday last week so a day in sub-zero temps was a bad idea. Gutted as the snow and ice made for some cracking photos, but some of it was just rediculous.

Watch the whole of this one, loads of spins including two 6R4s!

Still not going to make Sunseeker as got a free ticket for the Brighton game, so now looking to make one of the Welsh events next or maybe the Somerset Stages in April. Want to get to a couple of BTRDA rallies this year at least.
Old 14-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Never happened for me mate
Oh what. (Does explain why the pictures were so slow being posted though!) Agree that the conditions would have made for some great photos... but not been good for you with man flu!

Looking at the line up for the Wydean I can see why a BTRDA event or two looks a good bet for this year. At least the Sunseeker line up is looking a bit healthier now.

I've been asking questions about the Irish Tarmac Championship the last couple of weeks as well. Still need a bit more info though!