South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 31-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular User

Default Cosworth sti cs400

What do you think?...

COSWORTH IMPREZA WILL HAVE SUPERCAR-HUMBLING PACE.

The result of one of the most eagerly anticipated automotive collaborations in recent times is heading fast towards Subaru dealerships. The Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 officially goes on sale in June, and is set to offer performance-car fans the thrill of a lifetime.

Subaru has confirmed the car will boast an impressive 400PS (395bhp) at 5,750rpm, sufficient to dispatch the 0-62mph sprint in just 3.7 seconds (compared to 300PS / 296bhp at 6,000rpm,and 5.2 seconds for the standard Impreza WRX STI). This ensures the Cosworth-tuned car will be one of the most accelerative all-wheel-drive hatchbacks ever.

Subaru also reports that the Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 will feature a bespoke brake package – with six-pot callipers and 355mm discs at the front – developed in partnership with AP Racing, giving the car prodigious stopping power. Coventry-based AP Racing is a leading supplier of brake and clutch components to teams in the Formula One Championship and the World Rally Championship, as well as to leading supercar brands including Bugatti.

A wide range of further upgrades have been made to the suspension, exhaust and to the donor Impreza’s exterior and interior styling. An exclusive, limited edition run of 75 Cosworth Impreza STI CS400s will be produced, and full details of pricing and technical specification will be announced closer to the on-sale date.

Old 31-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Nige

Copy cat's! Hope they do well with it as that hatch needs something
Old 31-03-2010, 03:36 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Now, I had no intention of selling my hawkeye as there was nothing i fancied to replace it with........................... UNTIL NOW!

We really need more info on this

and how far away from £30k will it be??
Old 31-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyscoob View Post
Now, I had no intention of selling my hawkeye as there was nothing i fancied to replace it with........................... UNTIL NOW!

We really need more info on this

and how far away from £30k will it be??

Rumours are in the region of £10-20k away.....I know, I know, pricey, but very exclusive. Should be an amazing colaboration!
Old 31-03-2010, 04:19 PM
SES Mercedes Division

For £50K i'd rather have one of these...

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...html#chapter=1

Or the new Ford Focus RS for £30k
Old 31-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Bronze Member

i want one, £50k, who cares we're only gonna die anyway so why not enjoy it.
Old 31-03-2010, 05:05 PM
SES Mercedes Division

There are a lot better cars for the same or less money

Last edited by Chunk; 31-03-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 31-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

75 cars?! surely with all the development costs, they can't make any money on that quantity of cars?
Old 31-03-2010, 05:10 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N47han_Hammonds View Post
Rumours are in the region of £10-20k away.....I know, I know, pricey, but very exclusive. Should be an amazing colaboration!

Cant see how they can ask 40 - 50k for an impreza, however nice/quick it is. It hasnt even got a boot
Old 31-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
There are a lot better cars for the same or less money
Have you driven one then chunk....
Old 31-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

EVO mag have compared the Cossie to the Litchfield Type 25, which apparently does all the same for a lot less dosh.

Old 31-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Authorised Trader

£50k..... 2003-2004 Lamborghini Gallardo or Aston Martin DB9 for me please.
Old 31-03-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
EVO mag have compared the Cossie to the Litchfield Type 25, which apparently does all the same for a lot less dosh.

Exactly my thoughts keith. I'll take the Litcho T25 and the change ta. Oh, and when I see one of the 75 cossie's on the road I'll chuck a £50 note at him as I dissapear of into the distance
Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 AM
worzel

So theres me. After a day of pounding the hills and streets of san Fransisco. I thought i know, i will have a quick look at the site while taking a dump And i come across this thread. So, just 70 copies of this being made. None will probably make the streets or very few. What this is about in my opinion is the fact that somewhere not too far down the road there will be a watered down version at about 360 - 380bhp to Rival finally what the evo does in It's FQ Range. At a reasonable enough price to get them back in the market again for serious enthusiasts. Time will tell though k suppose. Anyway, need to have a wipe up now. Catch you all soon. Xxx
Old 01-04-2010, 08:46 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Have you driven one then chunk....
I ragged a C63 AMG for an hour. It will take a lot to beat that car, dont see the over-priced scoob doing that
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I ragged a C63 AMG for an hour. It will take a lot to beat that car, dont see the over-priced scoob doing that
Yes, but...The Scooby is aimed at the younger crowd, not people who are retired or from Pakistan
Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
So theres me. After a day of pounding the hills and streets of san Fransisco. I thought i know, i will have a quick look at the site while taking a dump And i come across this thread. So, just 70 copies of this being made. None will probably make the streets or very few. What this is about in my opinion is the fact that somewhere not too far down the road there will be a watered down version at about 360 - 380bhp to Rival finally what the evo does in It's FQ Range. At a reasonable enough price to get them back in the market again for serious enthusiasts. Time will tell though k suppose. Anyway, need to have a wipe up now. Catch you all soon. Xxx
lol, too much info me thinks , but I think you are right Steve. Thing is, to make it competitive, it would need to be under £40k, and as near to £30k as poss.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Regular User

Oh dear what have I started!!??

I will keep you all updated when I get more info!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Mate, hope your having a cracking time, now get that bloody big win in vegas and buy me that Aston
Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Silver Member

Cosworth making 75?

Stick with the Type-25 boys, it's more exclusive
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member

it does sound like a nice impreza but imo 50k is too over priced for what it is