South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 25-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Bronze Member

Default Wagon project 2

I thought i would post up my project (copied from surrey scoobies) even though its not a big power project as I believe the original post got lost when ses went down

As most of you know, after breaking my old wagon, (due to unforseen circumstances) Clives wagon was still up for sale and i then had the funds to buy it so in October 2011 i had myself a new wagon which was modded even better than my last one, so i did not need to spend any money on it to get to to my last spec

Now it was a very good buy and the only issue i could find was a few weeks after taking ownership the cel was showing code 22 knock sensor (Which clive told me about there was a tempermental issue with this coming up and could not clear the code even after replacing the sensor)

Last week for my own piece of mind i took it to SRR and Simon at JGM plugged in his laptop and confirmed there was no det etc and was running fine
apart from it felt a bit sluggish to what it should be which is due to the ECU pulling timing from the fault. This issue is slowly being worked on and i will keep you advised as to how this is resolved but im not spilling the beans just yet

Now i was more than happy with the wagon and had no plans to change it but after 3 months it just didnt feel right as it was in my eyes still Clives wagon as he spend the money and time on it and was not something i created so i come to the decision to make some changes on it.

Now the spec i believe how it was when i bought it: (perhaps Clive can confirm)

Full Fujitsuba decat exhaust system
Full whiteline package, including 22mm rear on full hardness, solid droplinks progressive race springs, fast road geometry by GRD.
Carbon fibre STI front strut brace.
Front mount intercooler
Morrette headlights with xenon bulbs
Cibie Driving lambs
Forge BOV
Magnacor hi spec HT leads.
Standard uk 5 speed box
Standard interia
Sti 16" gold rims with budget tyres on

Body wise, the car has a genuine STI upper rear spoiler,
P1 front lower lip splitter in GRP.

Power wise:
VF24 turbo, ported by AP.
HKS EVC6 boost controller set to 1.4bar. 2 stage boost control, scramble boost and boost cut.
333.8BHP, 317LBFT of torque. Running ECUTEK ecu, Mapped by Simon (JollyGreenMonster) at Surrey Rolling Road, with lots of pops and bangs on over run.

And some pics of the car how it was when i purchased it (Thanks to clive to allow me to use his pics and sorry for some poor pics due to my rubbish phone)

Now i still have some parts left from breaking my old wagon which i may use some of them so this is where the changes start.

Firstly i had a carbon fibre induction scoop so this was fitted within a few weeks or purchasing (Still need to take pictures of this)

Forge bov was changed to HKS

Now after a trip to Pete @ S/E Imprezas with Leggie today, who was going up to buy a few parts for his mate, i purchased a APS induction kit which was still fitted to Petes car and i believe had not been put up for sale at the time (Thanks pete for removing this there and then)

Now when we arrived back i decided to change the front sidelights to black crystal clear which i still had from my old wagon

Pic Before

Pic with after fitting the Black crystal clear

and a comparison.

I couldnt get in touch with Ratty to get his excellent photography skills so i done my best to acheive his skills
Old 25-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Bronze Member

right after an accident at work I was unable to get out and the last I saw the wagon was looking line this

now a month later now i can get back out and on my feet i see the wagon today looking like this

Leggie has in his spare time had the inlet manifold off, changed the wiring loom, took some parts to Dan at surrey subaru For Dan to get them powder coated. this included manifold , header tank, aps caik which is not fitted yet and a few brackets. So both Huge thanks for Leggie and Dan on this.

Although it dont seem alot done in a month, most of it was waiting on me to decide what to do with it and Leggie in his spare time when he had some to work on the car, even if it was an hour at night
So further on today it was then turned to look like this

And some wheels i aqquired

It not finished under the bonnet yet
Old 25-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Bronze Member

A 5 speed dccd box was fitted along with a turbo back nur spec r and it was off down to Surrey rolling road for Simon to map
Engine went pop once again after poping of intercooler pie which was filled with oil,so there was a issue still there
So after a while with it being sat still again a Descision was made
I bought a td05 16 g converted to front entry by tfs racing and then bought a second hand engine with uprated oil pump.
Tfs racing then fitted this all into the car and done away with front mount and back to top mount intercooler as I was taking no chances with the front mount due to oil in it and what looked like metal fillings aswel.
Stew at tfs racing the took it over to Simon again at Surrey rolling road where once it made 300bhp at my request was to go no further so as it stands it's currently running 304bhp and it feels just as quick as before
It will sit at this for a while until I get a fmic again and will then see what it can produce
Old 25-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Nige

That's a very clean wagon. It's come along way & your hard work has paid off.
Old 25-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks but was hardly all my hard work
No where near how I want it yet
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

Well i thought i will update as the guages were fitted back in march
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (103.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Bronze Member

Not suee why puctures are coming iut in there side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (118.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Silver Member

glowshift pod ?

And what phone are you using to take the pictures?
my windowsphone does that sometimes . you have to hold it vertically straight up the way you want it to be so the sensors know which way is up, then tilt it a little to take the picture after.
Old 13-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Bronze Member

I phone 4s
Was taken the right way up