South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 05-06-2017, 11:16 PM

Default Boost controller

Hi all.ive got a v/7 bugeye sti wagon,had a custom remap on it and decat downpipe.upgraded fuel pump.hks induction kit adjustable shocks etc.think mines got the forged bits in the engine!when I bought the car it also had ebc fitted with display screen.had it mapped and the guy said he wouldn't map it and keep boost controller on it.he done a great job with the car but it's nowhere near as fast as it was before(ok obviously faster than standard)but I miss how it was before.i still have all the parts,and it's all ready to put together,if you now how.but I don't.is there anyone around Thanet that 1 could help me put it back on and 2 is it a good idea to put it back on?any comments would be helpful.thanks j
Old 06-06-2017, 03:42 PM

HI Jason - welcome to the site.

I have moved this thread to the engine management section

You could try and speak with Rich @ FB Tuning (in my sig) although he isn't local to Thanet.

perhaps put some pics up in the newbies section as well when you get time

Can I ask if it had a custom map on it, why did you need to remap it again? As I have found out, speed isn't everything, and sometimes a remap will smooth out the torque and make the car accelerate much smoother which gives the impression it isn't quite as quick as it doesn't slam you into the back of the seat.

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 06-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Who mapped the car - if they were a know Subaru mapper rather than an all makes chipper then I'd doubt that the car is slower unless it was mapped too close to the limit!

My last remap took my Impreza from 445 to about 431 as a greater safety margin was put in as I was too close to the limit of the MAP sensor. If you map too close to the limits you risk reliability issues or total failure!

Most mappers won't touch an EBC as the ecu will do as good a job anyway when mapped properly and the EBC could take the boost outside of the ECU parameters and mess up the fueling etc.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 07-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Silver Member

What sort of remap was it? Custom tune of standard ecu ? Aftermarket ECU fitted? Or just an off the shelf flash map?

If any of the first two it wouldn't need the boost controller as the ECU will deal with the boost settings and can be raised from their.

What was the EBC set at? What was the max boost and what are you reaching now?

PS welcome to the forum
Old 07-06-2017, 05:16 PM

Hi m8.it's was a custom tune on standard ecu.it's set at 1.2 on the custom map.like you said then,it don't need the ebc on a custom remap thanks.when I just had ebc on it i don't no really what the boost was.but it was quicker for sure.j