South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Regular User

Default ever owned a mr2 ?

just wondered if any one ever owned one as im thinking of buying one to drive to work in , just wondered what they are like to live with
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

I've had three of them. All mk2. Which version are you thinking of getting?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member

Gt or gt-t?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Regular User

not sure just saw a t top one and liked the look dont really know a hole lot about them other than they dont sell for a lot of money
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

They're good cars IMO. As long as you go for a rev 3 or later. The 3s-ge is a good strong engines. A pain in the **** to work on though. If you ever needed to get the engine out, it has to come out underneath. Can be done in a day on a driveway. The only problems I had with mine was a leaky roof which can be fixed with silicone and cling film. A dying clutch which was gonna be flipping expensive to fix. All in all, they're good cars with not too many problems. The turbo model is good fun but I always thought that they were pretty slow compared to the amount of noise they make. The t bar roof is lovely in the sun.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Regular User

yea that was what i was thinking i love my scooby but am trying to keep her for weekends as rush hour traffic is no fun
Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

The cockpit is a nice place to be, very comfortable and er... cosy. The heater will burn your knuckles so good for winter too. It's not great on fuel but then no petrol car of that age is. My mrs always loved them too. Here's my favourite of my 3.

I would go for a GT if it were a second car. Insurance on the turbo was quite expensive. Parts were mostly easy to get on eBay but don't expect to find somewhere like jpp.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Regular User

they look so good in black, im going to get looking now think ill get one before i have a kiddie, which wont be long the way my soon to be wife is going on lol
Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

Go for 94 onwards as they had better wheels, front spoiler, more bhp , better lights and rear spoiler. Only pointers I can give is to check the carpets front and rear for leaks, they don't really rot but check sills, Google cancer bars and expect them not to be there. If it has any issues with the cooling then walk away, Google pipes from hell, they are an absolute sod.

Other thing, join IMOC. Everyone on there is friendly and its a good site for knowledge.

Last edited by Scruff; 04-04-2014 at 08:59 PM.