South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Chassis Tuning

Chassis Tuning It's All About The Twisties

Old 15-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Silver Member

Default Drop links - Newage

I've been looking at choices for drop links and was chatting to a chap at API engines who told me that you can only get them for the rear for my wagon? True? The fronts are tie rods according to him.
Old 16-04-2014, 12:14 AM

not sure on the bug wagon, Wagon Si would know for sure.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 16-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I'm sure you can get front drop links, Alyn will know.

I think they're the figure of 8 style links that whiteline sell for the steel arms, whereas the saloons with alloy arms use the link with a ball-joint at each end.
Old 16-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member

Sure they're available, just need to check which ones you need, either solid or ball jointed. Camskill list both for the 02 WRX.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m10b0s2712...pension_-_Misc

Shane
Old 16-04-2014, 06:59 PM

need the ones for the steel arms which i believe are the non ball jointed ones, wagons have steel narrower tracks arms, but i think some wrx saloons have same drop links.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

So, as i thought, my droplinks are knackered. Si, you're right, i need the solid ones. Now i've been doing a bit of digging. The whiteline heavy duty links (KLC31) for front and rear which would fit my wagon are the same model number as for the classic impreza saloon so, these should fit right? Has anyone ever used these or heard of flo flex?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...ht_3466wt_1030
Old 31-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Bronze Member

Have not. I'd stick to Whiteline or CDF, maybe Perrin which are probably expensive. Yes I think they are the same part number for the KLC31
Old 31-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member

What you speaking to API for eek!
Old 31-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Silver Member

Haha, i didn't know better at the time. I did wonder what he was on about when he told me it doesn't have links at the front. Are they well known for not knowing their a's from e's then?
Old 31-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member

Yep & lots of pop goes the Wiesel
Old 31-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Gold Member

That seller on EBay Nick is well know in Landy circles, lots of owners buy the full kit, which strangely is far cheaper than the Impreza equivalent??
Old 31-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Silver Member

I've searched flo flex on google and quite a few subaru owners (impreza and forester too) have used them. Seem to be good quality and decent bushes used. Not sure if they come with nuts and bolts though. I think i might give them a go. The worst that'll happen is i'll have to sell them on.

*Just found they have a website too. Advertising the drop links as 1993 - 2002 but selling for £104.48. Ebay price is £73.14.

Last edited by Scruff; 31-05-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 31-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah you could give them a go. I got my whiteline ones from adge @ adgespeed...top dude. He did them for 85 delivered if you want I can text him for ya?
Old 31-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
That seller on EBay Nick is well know in Landy circles, lots of owners buy the full kit, which strangely is far cheaper than the Impreza equivalent??

Mortster do you have a landy ? I just sold my d2 after 5 years of ownership ,, same username on landrovernet
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakesnow View Post
Yeah you could give them a go. I got my whiteline ones from adge @ adgespeed...top dude. He did them for 85 delivered if you want I can text him for ya?
Really? For a full set? I take it thats the wire ones? Yeah if you don't mind that'd be great. I really want to get them ordered today as its all starting to get a bit urgent.

Also, anyone know what diameter my front arb would be? I need some new bushes too.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Bronze Member

Don't know on your standard ARB.

That was for the pair of rear solid alloy links. Just PM me what you want and I will shoot him a text
Old 02-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Silver Member

I'm after a full set of front and rear droplinks, the wire type is fine. The solid ones are probably a bit over the top for me as i won't be doing many track days or anything like that.